PSU question

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbug

Soon, i am hopefully to get the following:

PNY Geforce 7300GT 512MB AGP Graphics Card

PNY DIMM PC2-5300 DDR2 1GB DESKTOP MEMORY

Would a 300w PSU be ok with these or should i purchase a 600w for £25 or so?

EDIT - Almost forgot i have another question...

I have 512mb ram, but it says 448mb due to 64mb intergrated graphics card, if i was to purchase a graphics card for my apg slot would this leave me with my full 512mb ram?

A quality PSU would work... barely... but if it is a cheaper no-name PSU, it may not work, or not work for very long before it quits altogether.

The bigger problem is the memory. If you graduate to the 7300T, your memory will no longer be stolen by the system. But still, 512 MB is not enough for a 7300GT system to work properly. I suspect you would end up with BSOD screens.
I would upgrade the memory to a minimum of 1 GB, but you really need 2 gb,
then worry about the card.

A quality PSU would work... barely... but if it is a cheaper no-name PSU, it may not work, or not work for very long before it quits altogether.

The bigger problem is the memory. If you graduate to the 7300T, your memory will no longer be stolen by the system. But still, 512 MB is not enough for a 7300GT system to work properly. I suspect you would end up with BSOD screens.
I would upgrade the memory to a minimum of 1 GB, but you really need 2 gb,
then worry about the card.

Thank you, this is my motherboard would you be able to tell me whether i could use 2gb? I'm not sure but i think my max might be 1gb, not entirely sure though.
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?ID=en-us0000191

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back