radeon 9600 xt upgrade, fails to impress me and restarts randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

radeon 9600 xt upgrade restarts randomly. Y?

Recently added a new mother board and graphics card to my computer and have had some minor problems since then. everything works fine for the most part except except when in-game. i will also provide a system spec at the end of my problems. i was told by an expert that my board was fried so i replaced it. the heatsink in my graphics card failed and i was motivated to replace that too. i was disatisfied with the performance of my computer so i also upgraded from 256 mb ram, to a gig + 256 mb of ram. so as far as a 32 bit system goes i have a pretty high end computer. it still sucks, but that's another story. Anyway not that i upgraded all three parts of my computer i am in game playing CS source. and my computer restarts multiple times randomly. i play final fantasy XII, and it restarts multiple times randomly. i play perimiter (which is the crapiest RTS ever created) and it reboots randomly several times. (y i come back to this game several times, noone knows). anyway evrything works fine outside of the games but when in game the games are slower than could be with the stuff i have in my computer and my computer randomly restarts. y does this happen?

second problem, i have a 20 gig hard drive and a 160 gig hard drive. the 20 gig is recognized and works properly. the 160 however only reads 130 and works fine. y does this happen and how can i fix this?

Specs:
windows xp pro service pack 2 (pirated).
20 gig and 160 gig Western Digital HD's
ATI radeon 9600 xt, 256 mb (brand new)
A-Bit mother board (brand new)
2x512 PQI ram (brand new) and value ram 256 (old mother board ram) PC- 3200, ddr-400
built in sound card
AMD athlon 3000+ processor
POWMAX 450 watts power supply
sony cd drive 52x write
lite-on dvd drive 4x write
all drivers i could think of downloaded and installed.

anything else you need to know, please let me know.
thank you for responding.

ok, now y do i only get 130 out of 160 gigs on my hard drive?

it is possible, i have heard that this power supply wasnt that good but my friend runs the same specs and same psu and he doesnt have that problem. any other ideas? also y does my 160 gig hard drive not recognize all the gigs? it only reads 130.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back