Radeon HD 6870 or GTX 460 (PhysX games)?

Qmark

Hi guys:wave: i just wanted to know , should i realy go for nvidia for PhysX games ? because i think that i will lose a lot of Quality & nice Effect by geting ATI 6870 & refuse to buy GTX 460 , but ATI will be faster for me , much faster .

Do you guys know if future games will have PhysX , & many should go for Nvidia cards & forget ATI ?

my Res is 1440 ?i am sure i can maxout GTA iv with 6870 ( just draw Distance on 50 or 40 &% & rest of the Setings to highest ) But i am not sure if GTX 460 will BE good Enouhg to handle such heavy games !

Thanks a lot !

The 1GB GTX460 has only just been beaten by the HD6870. However, both of these GPUs represent extremely good performance/price in the midrange price bracket. Either are very good, but the HD6870 is newer, and better (all be it at a £50 (in UK) premium over the GTX460).

Ok i got it , but what about PhysX Makes higher Quality but it kills FPS , so which one should i go for ? GTX 460 or ATI 6870 ?

Does it realy matter ? is PhysX usable & will it be more usefull in Future games ?

i am confused about this ! & after these things , suggest me Good brands for both Cards !
Cheap one is better ! for example XFX for 6870 costs almost cheap than other brands of 6870 !

All brands of GPUs are OK, though some prefer certain manufacturers, they all use the GPU manufacturers designs.

If it was me, I would spend the extra money and get the extra performance of the HD6870.

I realy wanna Get 6870 ! i die for it , but only thing that makes me so Confuse & bring whole doubts , is PhysX ! will i see those Effects while i am Gaming ? oh i realy dont know if does little Piece of glasses or fogs & cloth effects are that important !

Help me Please i can easily go for 6870 but , i should make sure that i wont lose anything about Leaving Nvidia & its Dear PhysX .

Oh if you can answer to Questions in the Same time then please answer this to . if you dont Mind !

i saw in Youtube that a guy was playing GTA at 20 FPS , game was so fast ( more than fast i swear ) car was moving so smoothly without little Loading or Laging ! he reduce some Things from VGA options then game ran at 50 FPS , but game was same , i tried to watch again & again but i wouldnt find any Difference ! so whats the Difference exactly ?

& why do people kill theire seldf to reach to 50 FPS when they can run the Game at 20 Fps with no lose of Quality ????

20FPS is too low for most to enjoy the game. Anything below 35FPS and I don't personally enjoy it, but for some the FPS is much higher and lower as well.

I have Nvidia PhysX installed on my ATi Radeon HD4670 equipped PC... So it must do something with AMD cards as well. What impact it has I'll leave for someone else with considerably more understanding than I...

Personally, I'd be more concerned with getting the best GPU for your money, and ensuring you have a suitable power supply to power it.

I will Get Cooler master 600 W for it ! i wont Crossfire or SLi !

Ok i think i gave u wrong number , it was 30-35 FPS & not 20 , but i swear it was so fast !

Can yiou finaly say does PhysX matters That lot !

From the reviews I've seen the HD 6870 is for the most part consistently faster than the GTX 460. This is from the Techspot review:

Meanwhile, the GeForce GTX 460 1GB now costs $199, but there's no comparing the performance. In the dozen games tested, the HD 6870 outmuscled the GTX 460 1GB in all but one -- and that was a draw. The Radeon HD 6870 was 19% faster than the GeForce GTX 460 1GB on average, marking a decisive win for AMD this time around.

The review over at TechPowerUp indicates a similar performance advantage. So I would agree with Leeky and spend the little bit extra for the HD 6870.

At a resolution of 1440x900 both the GTX 460 1GB & Radeon 6870 are overkill in my opinion unless you plan to upgrade your monitor sometime soon. If you are looking strictly at performance the order of video cards goes 6870>GTX 460 1GB/6850>GTX 460 768MB. You mention getting a new power supply so you're probably good, but could you link it to us anyway?

Regarding GTA, I've never played the game but from my understanding it was a pretty poor port with many performance issues and memory leaks just FYI.

I have Nvidia PhysX installed on my ATi Radeon HD4670 equipped PC... So it must do something with AMD cards as well. What impact it has I'll leave for someone else with considerably more understanding than I...

I think they are necessary for the game even if you cannot use them with your Radeon card. Some games support PhysX processing over the CPU which I believe is up to the developer to support rather then Nvidia. I'm sure someone here has a very good PhysX understanding and can put everything nicely into perspective, as I have limited knowledge of it like yourself. However here is a good article by Tom's Hardware that might interest you.

Do you guys know if future games will have PhysX , & many should go for Nvidia cards & forget ATI ?

What about PhysX ?

As long as Nvidia pushes PhysX and keeps paying developers we will likely keep seeing games with it, however it's not like every other game that comes out has it or is even necessary to enjoy the game.

So it all depends on what games YOU play and if you want PhysX support, remember using it will decrease performance and I've personally never been interested in it. But some games make good use of it and look very impressive like Mafia II from what I've seen from videos.

All i see was these: Pieces of Glass , Fogs , Cloth effects , pieces of Stones & dust after firing at Walls , but i didnt see Quality & Texture Difference ( lighting , shadows ) , is physX only in things i have mentioned ? Pieces of Glass , Fogs , Cloth effects , pieces of Stones & dust after firing at walls ? or it has Extended Abilities in games like other things , More Antialising , more texture & shading !

PhysX is kinda pointless, and it's purposely crippled so it runs crappily on anything except an NVIDIA GPU or an Ageia card.

PhysX doesn't provide any gameplay improvements or advantages IMHO, and it's just a nice add-on. If you have it, well and good, but you shouldn't pay extra just FOR it.

At the resolution you're looking to game at, (which is also the resolution I game at as well), I'd recommend the GTX 460 768MB. It's the best choice in its price segment, IMHO.

I realy want no Lag , I want very smooth gaming , Max out , I want max out GTA IV or Arma 2 , but about drwa distance i will set it to medioum but other things SHould be On highest !

so which one ? GTX 460 1Gb or 6870 !

think little about future games too !

Do you read?!?

For the sake of sanity; this is the preferred order based on performance

1. HD6870 (highest performance of the 4)
2. 1GB GTX 460
3. HD6850
4. 768mb GTX 460 (lowest performance of the 4)

The top two will play at full HD resolution (1920x1080/1200) at high settings. The lower two will still play at those resolutions, but maybe not at max settings, but will work at max settings at your gaming resolution (1440xwhatever it is). Anything higher in performance, or price is a waste of money gaming at your resolution. There is absolutely no point having a HD5970 for example, at the resolution your gaming at.

Why do you put a "!" in every sentence?

So why in youtube videos , that guy maxedout GTA IV on 6870 Buit he didnt Max out on GTX 460 1GB ! he cant ? or he can but that time he just refuse to do that ?

Give me some becnhmakrs , Links ! videos about GTX 460 1GB vs ATI 6870 !

specialy these games: GTA IV , arma 2 , crysis !

at my res ( maxedout ) please ! thanks a lot , no matter if you cant !

GTA IV is a shoddy port, but it should run decently maxed out at 1440x900. ArmA II and Crysis should run fairly smoothly maxed out at 1440x900 with any of those cards.

As for YouTube, have you considered that he didn't want two different video cards for the same system?

I really don't see the point of this discussion.

I really don't see the point of this discussion.

The point is our OP is trying to master English as a fifth language, erstwhile deluding himself into believing that he's going to craft each question stupider than the last, and somehow believing we're obligated to answer it.

Now, it's ME time! Rage, since you're obviously not busy, would you mind telling me everything you know about computers in the next post? Oh, and hurry up...!

I'd just like to refer you to my book.
0470614544.jpg

Mark, Moiz, what's the difference? Unless it's a coupla Budweisers...

We May Have to Change Your Name to..."Rage O'Clause"....

I'd just like to refer you to my book.

Mark, Moiz, what's the difference? Unless it's a coupla Budweisers...
So that's what you're getting me for Christmas......! I'm overwhelmed......tearing up even.....! (Do we have a "smilie" for that)?

Buy you have to promise to post it here, chapter and verse, like a bedtime story.

So why in youtube videos , that guy maxedout GTA IV on 6870 Buit he didnt Max out on GTX 460 1GB ! he cant ? or he can but that time he just refuse to do that ?
Or he/she-it ! didn't max out ! GTX IV ! takes a special kind of card !?! and CPU ! to go 100% view distance!...also takes a special ! kind of person to believe everything they see on the ! internet!!!!!!!
Give me some becnhmakrs , Links ! videos about GTX 460 1GB vs ATI 6870 !
>>> Here <<< You can thank me later. Send cash in lieu of +1's.
specialy these games: GTA IV , arma 2 , crysis !at my res ( maxedout ) please ! thanks a lot , no matter if you cant !
You're in luck !!!!!!!!!

Ya know DeeBee...I wuz listenin' to "John Barleycorn Must Die" a bit earlier, and this phrase stuck out in my mind, "and served him barbarously, and served him barbarously".

The Traffic version I venture.

Unfortunately, sometimes after all the scything and pitchforking, the chaff to barley ratio is just a little too high.

The Traffic version I venture.

Unfortunately, sometimes after all the scything and pitchforking, the chaff to barley ratio is just a little too high.
Embarrassingly enough, it was Steeleye Span's rendition. Talk about chaff, you should hear them butcher "Tam Lin". And talk about chaff and butchering, sometimes it's amazing when you see such a large turd, come out of a really small bull. I'm just trying to "pitch in" with your analogy, as it were. :rolleyes:

captaincranky said:
So that's what you're getting me for Christmas......! I'm overwhelmed......tearing up even.....! (Do we have a "smilie" for that)?

Buy you have to promise to post it here, chapter and verse, like a bedtime story.
Once upon a time, there was God. Wait...

Oh you mean , my English is so bad ? & yes its my 3rth Language & not 5th ! that i am learing , till now i havnt even took any English Classes so its all refers to my own Talents , but its seem that some people see many mistakes from me ! can you list them IF you r not busy ?

Then i asked this Question to make sure about EVERY THING !
i know that GTX 460 can run it will , but did you know that ATI can do better at high AA & without PhysX it can go high in the Sky !

Sorry if my Knowledge is poor ! thats why i am here & asking Stupid Questions !

Back