Realtek AC'97 No Output

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Abit AN8 SLI Fatal1ty Motherboard with an intergrated AC'97 sound card. I installed all the drivers off the disc that came with the motherboard but I get absolutely no output from any of the 3.5 outputs, front and back, no matter what setting I put the sound effect manager to. This problem only came up when i reinstalled windows. The previous windows version on it was Home SP1.

reboot your machine & go to BIOS,then enable your onboard sound.

please get a windows update too.

I went through the BIOS and i couldn't find anything that was related to sound. I had a closer look on the mobo and the sound card seems to have its own dedicated mini-PCI slot above the PCI-E slots so its technically not intergrated if that helps

What i meant by the previous installation of windows being Home SP1 was that the sound card was working on the previous installation of Windows, being Home SP1, but now I've upgraded to Pro SP2 its not working

So now you need to run Windows (Microsoft) Updates and make sure you have the 91+ updates for XP, SP2 installed. Pay attention to the optional hardware updates. The proper sound driver might be located there

Laughing_man said:
I went through the BIOS and i couldn't find anything that was related to sound. I had a closer look on the mobo and the sound card seems to have its own dedicated mini-PCI slot above the PCI-E slots so its technically not intergrated if that helps

so,can you identify what sound card model you have?

also try going to your device manager under sound,video &
game controller,if you see that AC'97,right click & disable it.

EDIT: do what Tmagic's suggestion first.windows update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back