Recommended specs reveal that yes, your PC can likely run Crysis Remastered

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: Because of its demanding nature, gamers have been asking, “but can it run Crysis?” since it arrived on PC back in 2007. But in the case of the upcoming remaster, the answer will almost certainly be yes.

It was back in April when Crytek announced the first game in its Crysis series was being remastered for the PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch, but excitement turned to disappointment when the trailer looked more like a fan-made mod than a professional reimagining. As such, the company said it was delaying the July release date by around two months to make sure the remaster met fans’ expectations.

Things were looking a lot more promising in August when a new tech trailer preview showed some of the improvements Crytek had made, including ray traced reflections and water effects.

With the game arriving on September 19, its PC requirements have been published on the Epic Games Store, and they’re very generous:

Minimum system requirements

• Processor: Intel Core i5-3450 / AMD Ryzen 3
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Storage: 20GB
  • Direct X: DX11
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti / AMD Radeon 470
  • GPU memory: 4GB in 1080p

Recommended system requirements

• Processor: Intel Core i5-7600k or higher / AMD Ryzen 5 or higher
  • Memory: 12GB
  • Storage: 20GB
  • Direct X: DX11
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti / AMD Radeon Vega 56
  • GPU memory: 8GB in 1080p

Crysis Remastered boasts a host of improvements over the original, including support for textures up to 8K in resolution, temporal anti-aliasing, Screen Space Directional Occlusion (SSDO), Global Illumination (SVOGI), particle effects, and much more.

Additionally, users of non-RTX cards can experience software-based ray tracing effects, thanks to the CryEngine’s “API-agnostic ray tracing solution.”

Crysis Remastered lands on the Epic Games Store this September 18.

Permalink to story.

I was going to pass on this game anyways but,

That's a double pass from me. Crytek must be really hurting for money.

I was a bit interested in this remaster.
But being an Epic Exclusive, it's a pass for me as well.
Maybe I'll get it when it comes out on Steam, for a cheaper price.

Crysis Remastered lands on the Epic Games Store this September 18.
Yep, Hard pass until it comes to Steam. Crytek must be struggling after losing in court to CIG.

My 34" gaming monitor is only 1440p and I have no intentions, nor possibility of rebuying the same monitor in 8K 34".

8K is a moot point.

As for the game, I may buy it on Steam sale, but the underlying disappointment with the game itself in terms of gameplay against the boring aliens instead of letting me eviscerate North Koreans ala Soldier of Fortune still stand.

My 34" gaming monitor is only 1440p and I have no intentions, nor possibility of rebuying the same monitor in 8K 34".

8K is a moot point.
It wouldn't be worth buying an 8k panel unless it is 85'' imo
8k is the limit for the human eye as well so hopefully next they just work on perfecting 1440p,4k, and 8k panels
8k 34'' is terrible and to me it just wouldn't make sense to have such a huge screen at probably a big hit of performance unless you buy 3090

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti / AMD Radeon Vega 56
GPU memory: 8GB in 1080p

Requiring 8GB VRAM and a GTX 1660ti 6GB at the same time is not very coherent...

It only requires 8GB for 1080p. If you have 6GB, it will run at 240p all day long. ;)

Why do you care if it's on Epic or steam?
I want it on steam because steam integrates linux support for non native linux games. The other thing is that I've spent the last 17 years investing in Valve's platform and I don't want another store on my computer. The main reason I quit playing EA games was that I got tired of origin being on my computer and then epic came out with their own store.

And with all of that out of the way, the #1 reason I wont ever buy anything on the epic games store is that I hate their business practices and refuse to support their company. We vote with our wallets and I will not be strong armed out of my money. They took away our freedom of choice and now we are left with one choice, either buy it from epic or not at all. I choose not to buy it. It moves to other platforms a year after release, but the developers made their choice already. Epic wont get my money and developers that go along with Epic's anti-consumer practices wont get my money.

Last edited:

Linux support for me (I understand I'm a minority here). I don't have anything personal against Epic like part of the internet typically does. If they start supporting the platform (it sounded like they had no interest) I'll jump on board. I'm more of a GOG man myself anyways.

There was a point where I was against the use of other game stores, but since I can't play different games on different computers under the same steam account I've begun embracing them. Choosing to only stick with Steam only serves to prop up another monopoly anyway. I have a bunch of free games from the epic store and yet to actually buy anything this far.

There was a point where I was against the use of other game stores, but since I can't play different games on different computers under the same steam account I've begun embracing them. Choosing to only stick with Steam only serves to prop up another monopoly anyway. I have a bunch of free games from the epic store and yet to actually buy anything this far.

My thoughts exactly.

I'll still buy a game I want to play whether it's on Steam, Epic Store...etc It's not a big deal to me.

You’re stirring up the steam defence league mate. These guys are militantly loyal to steam and their higher fees for developers to sell on their platform. It doesn’t matter that neither you or the developer actually needs steam to install games on window, orif the steam app is garbage, if their platform is stagnating, or that they did once try to secure their monopoly with their own OS that it started out as an incredibly frustrating DRM tool that was universally hated.

#steam4lyf

These guys are militantly loyal to steam
So what if we are? That point is moot. It is not as if we are fighting for removal from Epic. We want it available elsewhere other than Epic. And for the record I do have Epic installed as well as Steam. But only allowing a game to be available in one location is wrong and borderline hypocritical.

So what if we are? That point is moot. It is not as if we are fighting for removal from Epic. We want it available elsewhere other than Epic. And for the record I do have Epic installed as well as Steam. But only allowing a game to be available in one location is wrong and borderline hypocritical.
Um, news for you mate, Epic isn’t the only one nor the first one to do this. Origin, Uplay, GOG, Xbox all do the same. In fact many games are only available on steam. But we can install multiple launchers with absolutely no problems, so you seem to think games should be available to buy on any marketplace rather than just one? Despite the vast majority of games only being available on steam. Why do you care about how many marketplaces it’s being sold on? And why don’t you care that steam have the vast majority? According to you, every game available on steam should be available on epic aswell right?

You just like steam, you want all your games on the same list. I can think of no other logical position on this. Steam charges devs more than most to be on there so you clearly want developers to have less and steam to have more.

Unfortunately for you, steam is stagnating and with no way to force developers to use steam we will slowly see steams market share eroding. Valve could reduce their prices actually do some innovation outside of VR and that might stem the tide. But at this point I don’t have much faith in anything happening at all at valve. But the good news is that the demise of steam should make better prices. I already find games to be slightly cheaper on epic than on steam.

You just like steam, you want all your games on the same list. I can think of no other logical position on this.
Then you wasn't listening when I mentioned exclusivity. Sure the game not being available on a platform of choice is what brings the pain home. But that doesn't mean it is the only reason for our anger and why we speak up.

Back