Redirection of links within in search engine results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

When I select links within the results retrieved by any search engine -- google, bing, etc. -- I am redirected to random sites. I have installed and run numerous malware scanners, such as Malwarebytes, but the issue persists. HJT log attached per the instructions provided by techspot.

thx.

Hi paullaskow,

Please read 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions and download the Programs requested in the thread, then post the logs after you have run scans.

If you use your computer to do Online Banking/Business purposes/Store personal Information/Input Credit Card Information, please read Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

According to Hijackthis, you have a few problems. Please re-open HijackThis and do a System Scan Only, then check those off to be fixed.

• O2 - BHO: Ask.com Toolbar BHO - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - C:\Program Files\Ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll
  • O3 - Toolbar: Ask.com Toolbar - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - C:\Program Files\Ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll

Then you must wait on a more experienced member to monitor you when doing another clean, so please wait patiently.

Completed 8-step process but problems persist

Hi, Have completed the 8-step process and fixed the two HJT problems referenced below, but the problem persists. I have attached all of the requested logs.

thx.

HijackThis says that those couple were deleted and has no other problems, so please wait for a more experienced member to help you. Also, have you run CCleaner? If not, Please Download CCleaner. When running that, try cleaning the internet section.

Please Download CCleaner and run it. Make sure everything is un-checked except for Internet explorer, and for there, make sure everything is checked. Scan it and run it, and see if the problem persists. If so, we will turn to ESET.

@AnonymousSurfer - Please stop using automated log analysers. HijackThis does not show things are infected all it does is produce a registry output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back