Single side or double side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewars

Hi everybody, i'm new here. I have a problem about selecting single side or double side memories.

My spec
Athlon 64 3000+
Albatron K8NF4U with latest update
512MB PC 3200 VISIPRO (local brand-hynix chip).
Trinity PC6600GT

my memory is a double side memory. I want to upgrade to 1 GHz.
The problem is.. the store (where i bought the memory previously) didn't sell double side memory anymore coz Visipro didn't produce the double side anymore. They offered me single side mem. and they suggest me to exchange my present one to single side.

Here i have the chip number of single (8 ic)and double (16 ic)
8 IC : HY5DU12822CTP-D43
16 IC : HY5DU56822DTP-D43

I need some advice, what should i do?
thank you.

single sided or double sided memory really doesn't matter that much. Actually if there's a choice some people prefer single sided for th reason that some system will runs better with single sided. I think you should be fine exchanging your double side for single sided.

ROFL, I never thought I'll ever meet a fellow Indonesian here, let alone someone who lives in surabaya like I do.

Hello davewars, single sided and double sided memory sticks only caused incompatibility issues with SDRAM using, old P3 or lower CPU systems (single sided SDRAM stick is more compatible, and thus, more expensive), so u'll be fine with either double sided or single sided DDR RAM, and visipro is a decent memory brand too, although I prefer corsair (value select corsair's price is comparable to visipro's).

Be sure to have exactly the same type of memory sticks so u can have them run at dual channel without problems.

actually i've contacted albatron support about this to make sure which is best for K8NF4u, but there is no response until today.. :(

about memory brand..i think it's my mistake, i didn't search for information about that and the fact is corsair is better than visipro (based on my research) especially in memory timings.

anyway..thank to both putale and otmakus, now i feel free to change my memory to single side one. I'll do it tomorrow :haha:

And to otmakus..it's nice to meet u too.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back