The official GTA VI trailer is here: 2025 release date, no confirmation of a PC version...

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: It's been a long, long time coming, but the wait is finally over: The official Grand Theft Auto VI trailer has arrived. With it comes confirmation of the rumored 2025 release date, and, concerningly, no mention of a PC version.

Developer Rockstar Games announced last month that the first trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto would arrive in early December. As promised, the 1-minute and 31-second clip has dropped, showing that rumors of Bonnie and Clyde-style protagonists called Lucia and (apparently) Jason were accurate.

Visually, GTA VI looks stunning. As with the 2002 game of the same name, it's set in the Miami-inspired Vice City, though this one takes place during modern times rather than that 1986-set classic.

A lot of the trailer consists of TikTok/Instagram-style social media posts, which could hint at a gameplay mechanic that makes up part of the game.

With the infamous leak that took place in late 2022 and the launch of the trailer, some had questioned whether the years-old reports of GTA VI not arriving until 2025 were pure speculation. Unfortunately for fans, we won't be burning around the roads of Vice City again for at least 13 months – and given how Rockstar likes to release games near the holiday season, it could be close to a two-year wait.

Shortly after the trailer landed, Rockstar Games posted a press release confirming that GTA VI would not be coming to the last-gen PS4 or Xbox One consoles. Given the 2025 launch date and those stunning visuals, that's not surprising at all. What is surprising, however, is that only the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S are mentioned in the statement – nothing about a PC version.

Rockstar has a history of launching games on consoles long before their PC incarnations arrive. It happened with GTA 3 (7 months), Vice City (7 months), San Andreas (8 months), GTA IV (8 months) and GTA V, which arrived on PC almost two years after its console release. Red Dead Redemption II was also on consoles for a year before hitting the PC.

There's always the chance that Rockstar could confirm a GTA VI PC version before 2025, but that might be wishful thinking, given its history with other GTA games. The best we PC owners might hope for is a shorter wait than usual following the console release.

Permalink to story.

I cannot be the only one that thinks the trailer is just alright. It doesn't look like anything special currently. If anything, a little bland.

With over a year to wait though and just being a very short snippet, hopefully we'll get a couple more trailers showing more stuff off next year.

I dont have high hopes. Rockstar already said they're not punching down, and their biggest pre marketing was that they have a WOMAN in it now. like that's some kind of achievement. I'd bet that the writing will be filled with millennial "quip" writing and a lot of forgettable slop that is "safe" for twitter audiences. Think the Saints Row reboot, but with prettier graphics. V was already pretty sanitized compared to III, let alone IV.

Could I be wrong? Hopefully. But at this point I've learned to not have expectations.

I cannot be the only one that thinks the trailer is just alright. It doesn't look like anything special currently. If anything, a little bland.

With over a year to wait though and just being a very short snippet, hopefully we'll get a couple more trailers showing more stuff off next year.

I haven't bothered with the trailer. I personally don't understand the hype with this game.

GTA3 was fun.
GTA:VC - I only played it a little, wasn't really any different from GTA3. More of the same.
GTA:SA - turned me off of the series with their gangbanging glorification. I couldn't get past it and disliked the game because of it.
GTA:IV - never played it, didn't interest me.
GTA:V - was gifted the game from a friend and I spent maybe 10 hours playing the game online with my friends and an hour or two on the single player part of it and the game was boring.

I'm having more fun going back and playing older games - such as CoD2 and The Saboteur.

Rockstar is apparently still up to their money-grubbing ways and wont be releasing it on PC on day1,

its whatever, I'm salty but can't blame em, gamers already proved they'll buy the same games as many times as they can be re-released/remastered or re-anything else. when your customer base is a bunch of gullible, extremely thirsty lemmings you may as well take advantage of it and reap all the money in the world.

oh well, I have plenty of games to play now, games to catch up on and future releases to buy instead.

Rockstar is apparently still up to their money-grubbing ways and wont be releasing it on PC on day1,

its whatever, I'm salty but can't blame em, gamers already proved they'll buy the same games as many times as they can be re-released/remastered or re-anything else. when your customer base is a bunch of gullible, extremely thirsty lemmings you may as well take advantage of it and reap all the money in the world.

oh well, I have plenty of games to play now, games to catch up on and future releases to buy instead.
I wouldnt be surprised if GTA VI outsells V somehow. And the online microtransactions. Whoo boy. Get your bank accounts ready.

I wouldnt be surprised if GTA VI outsells V somehow. And the online microtransactions. Whoo boy. Get your bank accounts ready.
It's gonna break records for sure.

probably be the all time day1 champ on release,

I bet money R* has already made plans to release it on current systems, followed by PC, followed by ps6/xbox2, hell, maybe even a VR version.

look at gta5, it lives on in like 3 generations of tech, plus it has no more rivals, watchdogs light burned out, saints row died, yeah cyberpunk exists but but it isn't the behemoth that GTA is.

It's gonna break records for sure.

probably be the all time day1 champ on release,

I bet money R* has already made plans to release it on current systems, followed by PC, followed by ps6/xbox2, hell, maybe even a VR version.

look at gta5, it lives on in like 3 generations of tech, plus it has no more rivals, watchdogs light burned out, saints row died, yeah cyberpunk exists but but it isn't the behemoth that GTA is.
And the micro transactions will be insane.

GTA V was pushing over $350 million in micro payments at its peak, and still regularly pushes over $100 million annually. That's more then most games will make their publishers in total sales. At its peak it was making rockstar the same as the gross sales of 5 million copies of GTA V, but in pure profit straight to rockstar.

given how the market has changed I can't imagine VI making less then that. Throw a battlepass and some premium XP boosts in there and VI will out earn even minecraft.

Yawn .... they say 2025, their track record would say more like 2027. Didn't see anything in the new one that was that much different or thrilling .... I can wait, got too many other "current" games to play with and I'm betting they will try to get $100 from you at release ... not for us old retired boys ....

And the micro transactions will be insane.

GTA V was pushing over $350 million in micro payments at its peak, and still regularly pushes over $100 million annually. That's more then most games will make their publishers in total sales. At its peak it was making rockstar the same as the gross sales of 5 million copies of GTA V, but in pure profit straight to rockstar.

given how the market has changed I can't imagine VI making less then that. Throw a battlepass and some premium XP boosts in there and VI will out earn even minecraft.
micro transactions didn't get bad in GTAV until a few years after it was released on PC. Player counts dropped and they started implementing pay to win mechanics so the loyal fans would start spending money.

I have a feeling we will get 3-4 good years out of this game just like we did GTAV. The trailer looks exciting and I can't wait for the PC release. The PC release of GTAV was worth waiting for so I hope GTAVI is worth waiting for

micro transactions didn't get bad in GTAV until a few years after it was released on PC. Player counts dropped and they started implementing pay to win mechanics so the loyal fans would start spending money.

I have a feeling we will get 3-4 good years out of this game just like we did GTAV. The trailer looks exciting and I can't wait for the PC release. The PC release of GTAV was worth waiting for so I hope GTAVI is worth waiting for
I dont share your optimism. RDR2, which came out after V, had the same pay to win systems day 1 in its multiplayer. I would bet, if the mechanics are not there day 1, they will be within 6 months. Once reviews are in and the game has major steam. They wont wait 4 years this time around.

gamers are also different, the majority hated micro paymentsin 2013, but now they're expected.

I dont share your optimism. RDR2, which came out after V, had the same pay to win systems day 1 in its multiplayer. I would bet, if the mechanics are not there day 1, they will be within 6 months. Once reviews are in and the game has major steam. They wont wait 4 years this time around.

gamers are also different, the majority hated micro paymentsin 2013, but now they're expected.
So I'm probably the odd one out on this, but I never played a lot of multiplayer on GTA and none on RDR2, I was in it for the single player. As long as the single player experience for GTA6 is good I'll be happy with it. And considering it'll probably be at least a year before GTA comes out on PC I'll have plenty of time to see if they infect the game with toxic microtransactions.

Too bad that I have to wait several years until the game is playable.
By that I mean with keyboard and mouse.

Back