Why x570 motherboards recent price inflation?

Why have the x570 motherboards prices been inflated within the last two weeks. no body on youtube reporting on the sudden increase. is it because of the launch of the B550 boards. or is their a shortage of x570 boards. could hardware unboxing investigate and share some comments on the matter. I do not know if this is the forum for such questions, and will the host for the youtube channel read this Steve and Tim read this.

I am building a 3800X rig later today. I bought parts about 8-9 days ago. I wanted an x570 board. It was like finding a unicorn. I had to buy a "used-good condition" x570 board ($262) off of amazon warehouse. It arrived Saturday. I spent all week wondering what would be "used" about it. Nothing. It's literally brand new. Quite relieved and stoked.

I have kept watching for x570 stock even since I bought that "used" board, thinking it might be something I sent back. x570 boards are out of stock in most places for 3-6 weeks, depending on model. That's according to each website's estimated availability.

The other part that was really hard to nail down was my power supply. All I wanted was something 650-850 watts, Gold rated or better and from a reputable brand I could live with. Trying to find one that was in stock was hard and trying to locate any in stock that were'nt also severely marked up was even harder. I ended up with a Fractal Design Ion 860p platinum for $133. Fractal was not a brand I was looking to buy (for a power supply anyways, love their cases) but after researching that unit, I took the plunge. It's out of stock now too, and has been since 7 days ago.

If you are desperate for an x570 board like I was, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend amazon warehouse. They have a 30 return window in case there is an actual issue. The stock changes very rapidly though. If you search "x570" on the warehouse every hour or so, you will see new boards pop up. They also get purchased within about 20-30 minutes. I found a "used" board that I liked on the site, so I added it to my cart and then spent about 20 minutes researching the board before buying it. Checking specs and reviews, I was convinced it would work well. So I went back to actually buy it, and it was already gone. So was another x570 board I was considering for that 20 minute window of time. You have to swoop in fairly quickly. ;)

If interested in that, go to: amazon warehouse and search "x570".

Last edited:
Back