ReNamer is a very powerful and flexible file renaming tool, which offers all the standard renaming procedures, including prefixes, suffixes, replacements, case changes, as well as removing contents of brackets, adding number sequences, changing file extensions, etc. For advanced users, there is a PascalScript rule, which let users program their very own renaming rule.
Program allows you to combine multiple renaming actions as a rule set, applying each action in a logical sequence, which can be saved, loaded, and managed within the program. In addition, it has an ability to rename folders, process regular expressions, Unicode capable, and supports variety of meta tags, such as: ID3v1, ID3v2, EXIF, OLE, AVI, MD5, CRC32, and SHA1.
- Implemented rule comments, editable via rules context menu.
- Enhanced storage path resolution with new path tags and handling of multiple path tags.
- Major code refactoring to improve automation and unit testing capabilities.
- Decoupled renaming rules from the visual components.
- Refactored renaming rule structures and management operations.
- Refactored file signature structures and management operations.
- Added a dialog for manually entering file paths for renaming.
- Added various unit tests, including unit tests for some renaming rules.
- Remove all files more efficiently than one-by-one when all files match the clearing criteria.
- Efficiency improvements for files table clearing operations.
- Efficiency improvements for performing shell actions on files.
- Added "How to translate" link to the Languages menu.
- Find application language file independently of the executable file name.
- Perform a fast clearing of files tables when closing the application.
- Converted action buttons in the Pascal Script window to a toolbar. Better handling of long localized text.
- Changed the Z-order of controls in the Delete rule window. Avoid awkward overlapping with long localized text.
- Forbid the use of empty folder when creating preset links. Avoid an error.
- Added Dutch language file.
- Added Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) language file. Thanks to 冰霧神域.
- Updated French language file.
- Updated Chinese Simplified language file. Thanks to WanderMax.
- Updated German language file. Thanks to Kevin Scheitler.
- Updated Serbian language file. Thanks to Никола Алексић.
- Updated Russian language file.
- Internal refactoring.