Vienna is an open source freeware Mac OS X RSS reader with support for RSS/Atom feeds, article storage and management via a SQLite database, written in Objective-C and Cocoa.
Vienna has been designed to provide simple newsreading capabilities for non-technical users while still aiming to be as feature rich as commercial newsreaders.
NOTE: Vienna is distributed under the Apache License 2.0.
- Subscribe to Atom/RSS news feeds and podcasts.
- Simple and intuitive user interface.
- Built-in tabbed browser.
- Smart folders for organising related feed articles.
- Custom article display styles.
- Three separate reading layouts.
- Blogging integration.
- Filter the displayed articles.
- Manual reordering of the subscription list.
- Full AppleScript support.
- Localized into several languages.
- Fix crash related to macOS Big Sur Beta
- Fix crash related to Xcode12 (update MMTabBarView to v/1.4.8)
- Fix tab bar to hide when a single tab is present
- More fix for inaccurate info on number of unread articles
- Fix to unread counts discrepancies on OpenReader feeds
- Avoid intempestive refreshes of article pane during feed refreshes
- Fix resetting of article pane when no article is selected anymore and "Use Web Pages for Articles" is enabled
- Fix Vienna Tests target
Software similar to Vienna for Mac 3
RSS Menu is a very simple application that allows you to read any RSS or Atom feeds.
Organize, search, and read feeds. RSSOwl is a freeware RDF and RSS newsreader written in Java using SWT as graphic library.
RSS/Atom feed reader written on Qt.