Floola is a nice free tool designed to manage efficiently your iPod or your Motorola mobile phone (any model supporting iTunes). It's a standalone application which needs no installation and can be run directly from your iPod under Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows (Windows Vista is supported).
Floola supports all common used iPod features including artwork, podcasts and smart playlists! It's also able to convert audio or video incompatible with the iPod so that you can copy almost any file to it.
Floola even allows adding youtube and myspace videos just entering the page url!
Take a look at the feature list to find out what it can do and feel free to suggest anything that might be missing.
- Cross plattform: Works on any Windows (98 and above), any Mac and any linux distribution with GTK installed.
- Portable: Put the application on iPod and launch it on any PC, immediately.
- Copy: add and extract songs to and from iPod.
- Playlists: Easily manage, import and export (m3u, pls) playlists.
- Last.fm: Join the social music revolution.
- Podcasts: Join the social music revolution.
- Web videos: add files to iPod just copying the page url
- Localization: Available in different languages.
- Lyrics: Lyric support even on older iPods (3G and above).
- Search for duplicates: Easily find duplicated songs on iPod.
- Search lost files: Easily find songs lost in your iPod.
- Artwork: Add artwork to your songs easily.
- Videos: Videos can be added to iPod.
- Convert: Convert audio and video incompatible formats
- Export to HTML: Create HTML files containing list of your iPod files
- Fix iPod: Did a software mess up your iPod? Fix it!
- Notes: Manage notes.
- Growl support: (Mac version only) Get beautiful system notifications.
- Snarl support: (Windows version only) Get beautiful system notifications.
- Music: Play iPod's music.
- Photos: Freedom to simply add photos to iPod.
* nano5G and shuffle 3G support!
* “add this artwork to items in album” feature
* database update when needed
* updated languages
* added scrollbars to smart playlists edit window
* fixed issue where some files would not play entirely after edit operation
* files can be copied over from a network mapped drive