The Open Hardware Monitor supports most hardware monitoring chips found on todays mainboards. The CPU temperature can be monitored by reading the core temperature sensors of Intel and AMD processors. The sensors of ATI and Nvidia video cards as well as SMART hard drive temperature can be displayed. The monitored values can be displayed in the main window, in a customizable desktop gadget, or in the system tray. The free Open Hardware Monitor software runs on 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 and any x86 based Linux operating systems without installation.
- CPU core sensors
- Intel Core 2, Core i3/i5/i7, Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell
- AMD K8 (0Fh family), K10 (10h, 11h family), Llano (12h family), Fusion (14h family), Bulldozer (15h family), Jaguar (16h family)
- Mainboard sensors
- ITE IT8705F, IT8712F, IT8716F, IT8718F, IT8720F, IT8721F, IT8726F, IT8728F, IT8771E, IT8772E
- Fintek F71808E, F71858, F71862, F71868AD, F71869, F71869A, F71882, F71889ED, F71889AD, F71889F
- Nuvoton NCT6771F, NCT6772F, NCT6775F, NCT6776F, NCT6779D
- Winbond W83627DHG, W83627DHG-P, W83627EHF, W83627HF, W83627THF, W83667HG, W83667HG-B, W83687THF
- GPU sensors
- AMD (ATI)
- Hard drives
- S.M.A.R.T. temperature sensors
- SSD wear level, host reads/writes
- Fan controllers
- T-Balancer bigNG
- Alphacool Heatmaster
- Added a new plotting implementation using a .NET 2.0 backport of the OxyPlot library. All types of sensors can now be added to the plot. The plot can be configured to use stacked axes instead of subplots for each sensor type. The plot supports automatic or manual plot region selection.
- Added support for Intel Haswell CPUs.
- Added support for AMD family 15h model 1Xh and family 16h CPUs.
- Added support for the Fintek F71869A (F71868AD) super I/O chip.
- Added support for new Samsung SSDs (like Samsung SSD 840 PRO).
- Added support for fan control on ITE 87XX chips and a mainboard specific configuration for the Gigabyte GA 970A UD3 (both based on a patch from Eric Hokanson).
- Changed the HDD detection to list hard drives without SMART support as well.
- Enabled fan control on mainboards by default.
- Improved the kernel driver loading code.
- Added additional information from the SMBIOS to the report.
- Fixed some stability issues in the remote web server implementation.
- Fixed a stability issue in the WMI provider implementation.
- Extended the list of supported super I/O chips on Linux using the lm-sensors interface.
- Reduced the amount of dynamic memory allocation.
Apps similar to Open Hardware Monitor 3
Windows gadget to display system health in real time.
HWMonitor is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors: voltages, temperatures, fans speed.
Uses sensor chips on smart motherboards to track system and CPU temperatures, voltages and cooling fans.
- Free to Try