There are many tools around doing that, but the aim of this Freeware is to be a small and handy tool doing what it says and running also as a standalone exe file (installer not necessary).
- Supported from Windows XP up to Windows 8
- The program is freeware and available in four languages: English, Bulgarian, German, Italian and Russian
- Touch screen gestures support for zoom in/out and for next/previous picture
- View image location in Google Map. Check this FAQ entry
- View & Edit picture files of type: jpeg, bmp, gif, tiff (multi-page), png, pcx and emf
- Save As Pdf command
- Jpeg lossless rotate and crop FreeVimager
- Full-screen multi-monitor support: switch form one monitor to another through context menu or TAB key
- The executable only version stores the settings to a INI file in the same directory
- Unicode support: Open, Edit, Batch Process or Batch Rename your files named in Russian, Indian, Chinese, Japanese...
- All metadata (EXIF, IPTC, XMP, ICC, ...) are kept when editing and saving images
- EXIF date / time adjustment in batch mode (it's a lossless adjustment)
- IPTC & XMP single file / batch editing support for jpeg and tiff files (it's a lossless edit)
- Batch Processing and CD / DVD Slideshow creation
- Print Preview with image positioning by dragging
- Size optimized Email sending of images and avi files
- Well known editing features like: rotate, crop, resize, brightness, contrast, sharpen, ...
- Live configurable Redeye removal tool
- Live Ansel Adams Zone System Histogram under Brightness, Contrast, ... (thanks Jordi for the suggestion)
- Twain Scan multiple pages to tiff and pdf (possibility to Email directly)
- Avi video player with snapshot functionality and draggable borders in full-screen mode (integrated mpeg4 (divx), mjpeg and ADPCM codecs)
- Higher priority for CopyTrans .heic decoder because the Microsoft Heif may not be able to open the file if HEVC Video Extensions is missing
- Enabled Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR) with /DYNAMICBASE