FossaMail is an alternative version of the Mozilla Thunderbird mail andnews client, and based on the Pale Moon browser core.
- Is built from source with compiler optimizations geared towards an as stable and smooth operation of the client as possible (Pale Moon-alike optimizations).
- Uses the Pale Moon browser core as its back-end. The client is therefore based on Pale Moon rather than other Mozilla-powered products.
- Uses its own profile folder on your system. This means it will not interfere with existing Thunderbird installations.
- The default profile location is %APPDATA%\FossaMail
- Should be compatible with all Thunderbird (v24/25b era) add-ons and plugins.
- Is available in 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions for both Windows and Linux.
- Comes with an optional calendar/organizer add-on (Lightning, available from the download location below) that will allow it to be used in a Microsoft Outlook style information manager fashion.
This is a security and maintenance update, updating the platform code to Pale Moon 27.2.1. Please see Pale Moon's release notes for details on the updates involved.
Important note: If you have previously changed the configuration to enable deprecated/vulnerable cipher suites to connect to old mail servers (you really should upgrade those where possible; e-mail by design is private so secure encryption is very important!) then you will most likely need an additional step:
In Options, go to Advanced, open the Config Editor, find security.tls.insecure_fallback_hosts and add your insecure host(s) to it (comma-separated). This is needed for RC4 and 3DES.
- This release fixes an additional issue with resuming from stand-by.
- Updated the Pale Moon back-end to the latest release version (25.3.1)
- Cleaned up code left over from the crashreporter and sunbird
- Added x86/x64 indicator to the about box
- Added Windows 10 OS support in manifests
- Removed LDAP Autocomplete code no longer in use
Apps similar to FossaMail 4
Take control of your day with Postbox’s clean and super-customizable interface. Make your email work for you, just the way you need it to.
- Free to Try
Thunderbird is a free email application that’s easy to set up and customize - and it’s loaded with great features.
Web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple.