When it comes to having a certain PC streamlined, base lined, or simply reformatted, there are various ways to do so. Many resort to using the traditional clean install, where the primary driver is reformatted, thus leaving the PC clean and new, and the only thing that is very tedious to do afterwards are none other than installing once again the drivers or hardware installed on the computer, which usually take 2 or 3 hours to finish. What more if the computer is having a problem to boot or load the operating system? What if the BIOS (Basic I/O or Input / Output System) becomes corrupt thus not able to access the operating system like Windows or Mac, and not being able to access the files? Well, there is a solution to this, and it’s another easy to use software: Hiren’s BootCD.
Partition means to divide a certain part of a hard drive for backup and system files, like separating a part from the whole. In most computers, the primary disk is C:, since it hold the operating system and program files. When a hard drive on the computer is partitioned, there are 2 independent drives, the primary for the OS, and the other for backup files. Since the 2 drives are independent, the drives work isolated and when becomes corrupt, the other is not affected. Partition Tools not only help in creating a new partition while there is still an open operating system, but it also helps manage and control the use of these partitioned drives. As a computer user, the person may opt to modify, resize the total capacity or delete any partitions made within the computer through the compiled list of programs which include Macrium Reflect, Partition Image and Partition Saving as one of the programs included. And that way, the creation of hard drive partitions without the need of installing an OS like Windows, Linux or Mac is lessened, which is the main goal of these computer programs, that is to add, modify or remove computer drive partitions without compromising the reinstallation of an Operating System.
Backup & Recovery
Files maybe sometimes irretrievable due to being accidentally deleted or the file was not recognized by the computer system. Although the search feature in Windows may prove worthy, it sometimes leads to no files being found even though the file is available and still on the said hard drive. Another thing to note is the backup and recovery of the files from a computer. People may never know when disaster strikes and files have already been missing or deleted somehow without the user noticing. BootCD has a list of programs that can be used to backup, recover and retrieve files easily and with no hassle. Aside from backup and retrieve purposes, some files that are backed up can be also corrupted and certain programs can help in recovering and making the file corrupted accessible to use. Now, the main purpose of having programs loike this is to ease the burdens of backing, thoug it may be a good practice. Software like these include GetDataBack, HDD Scan and Recuva, from the makers of the CCleaner software, Piriform.
Most computers require an antivirus program. An antivirus program can be defined as a certain computer program designed to program and maintain the computer secure, meaning free of viruses and corrupt data. It also helps in maintaining computer performance in tip-top shape, so as to maintain the integrity of the hardware and system itself. Hiren’s BootCD has a number of free antivirus and can be used immediately. There are also a number of hard drive cleaners if ever there is a chance that the computer is already infected with malware, spyware, Trojan or any other virus. Aside from these purposes, some antivirus does not take much or hog the system resources and work in the background not unless the computer is idle for a time being, that way processes of other programs that take more power and resources can be given priority. Some programs included are Avira AntiVirus, SpyBot: Search & Destroy, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Maintaining a certain PC is a craft. It’s hard work in the process. The BootCD software has programs that can help in maintaining computer stability. It also has programs to check errors on the hardware installed. Aside from these, a certain program can estimate the life of hard disk or hardware installed. Aside from the fact that can estimate and test a computer for known and unusual hardware activity and hardware life, it also tests a certain computer component for any possible errors it can make which can render the PC unusable or corrupted. It can also monitor faults in RAM (Random Access Memory) or the memory for storing processes. Aside from RAM, it can also monitor possible faults in devices like the hard drive, CD Drive even the USB (Universal Serial Bus) ports. The variety of software that can be used can also monitor the physical aspect of the device or driver installed. It can give a report that a certain computer component has physical damage and the user has to check if it has an error in placement or the device is really defective.
Passwords are an important security feature in most systems. But as time passes by, a certain user may forget such passwords. The BootCD software contains programs like Autologon, WindowsGate, or Windows Key Finder help manage and remember passwords for forgetful PC users. Certain programs also provide password encryption and requirement for hard drive writing or removal of files or simply to secure the net as well.
Mini Windows XP
A simple version of Windows XP is made as an option to be used in cases that require a separate or independent OS, like in a scenario that a certain computer has been filled with viruses. That way, another OS is working on the installed Operating System, and the user can use any available program to clean such viruses without having the need to reformat.
- BattStat 0.99b: Battery Status monitor and power management freeware for Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 x86/x64.
- BrowsingHistoryView 1.05: To view history data of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari Web browsers in one table.
- ClearLock 1.4.0: To lock your desktop with a transparent layer, allowing you to see what is happening on your desktop and at the same time prevent access to the computer without the proper password.
- DRevitalize 1.2: Repairs bad sectors (physical defects) on hard drives by generating a special sequence of high and low signals around the physically damaged area.
- EncFS 1.7.4: This should be used for secure online file backup services such as Google Drive, Dropbox and Sugarsync as the encryption do not occupy a fixed size containers and backup programs can copy encrypted files and can be accessed from linux, iPhone/iOS and android using BoxCryptor and Cryptonite.
- ImDisk 1.6.0: To create/mount virtual hard disk, floppy or CD/DVD drives using image files or system memory.
- MBRCheck 1.2.3: Checks the legitimacy of the Master Boot Record (MBR) code of the hard drives.
- McAfee Removal Tool 220.127.116.11: McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool removes all 2005 – 2012 versions of McAfee products.
- MiniXP: Added/updated Storage/LAN/WLAN drivers and other minor improvements, iso boot works, path can be changed in HBCD\XP\X using notepad.
- Norton Removal Tool 18.104.22.168: SymNRT uninstalls most Norton AntiVirus, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, and Norton SystemWorks even when the uninstaller fails to remove them.
- Remove Non Present Drivers: Automatically remove all non-present/disconnected devices from a Windows and can often be useful to prevent misbehaving/unnecessary drivers from being loaded, cleanup drivers when you replaced motherboard or used backup image of different hardware.
- Tor Browser 2.2.39: Surf the internet anonymously through encryption, even https sites can be browsed safely where it is blocked by your local ISP.
- WifiInfoView 1.05: Wireless networks information including Network Name (SSID), MAC Address, PHY Type (802.11g or 802.11n), RSSI, Signal Quality, Frequency, Channel Number, Maximum Speed, Company Name, Router Name/Model and more.
- Windows Product Key Update Tool 1.7: This tool is from microsoft to change the key of illegal/pirated installed xp to legit xp keys from the sticker on the PC, even if it is oem and not retail/corporate.
Apps similar to Hirens BootCD 3
YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer), is the successor to MultibootISOs.
MultiBootUSB allows you to install multiple live linux on a USB disk non destructively and option to uninstall distros. Try out the world's first true cross platform multi boot live usb creator for free.
LinuxLive USB Creator is a free and open-source software for Windows. It will help you in your journey of discovery with Linux.