Rise of Flight is the most realistic WWI PC flight simulation ever created.
Take to the skies of war torn Europe and experience daring air combat at the dawn of aviation. Re-enact famous air battles fought by legendary aces such as Manfred von Richtofen, James McCudden, Georges Guynemer and Eddie Rickenbacker. Rise of Flight transports you to a time when courageous pilots fought each other for control of the sky high above the bloody trenches. In aircraft made of canvas and wood they battled to the death. While some survived to become legends, most met a fiery fate. Do you have the skills and the courage to become an ACE?
Rise of Flight is one of the Top 100 games of All Time according to PC Gamer and it has received the Platinum Award from PC Pilot magazine and has been acknowledged multiple times by the flight-sim community at SimHQ.com and elsewhere as one of the best in the genre. You can fly in several different game modes from single-player Campaigns to massive Multiplayer dogfights. There is something for all aviation fans to enjoy.
- Versatile control settings. Use either mouse-control or a flight stick. All buttons and axis are programmable.
- Strong attention to detail with 40 highly detailed aircraft models based on original blueprints, historical data and museum displays. Features many legendary fighters like the Nieuport 17, Sopwith Camel and Fokker DR.1 as well as groundbreaking aircraft like the Felixstowe F.2a flying boat and gigantic S-22 Ilya Muromets bomber designed by Igor Sikorsky.
- Pick from several modes of gameplay including Quick Mission, Custom Single Missions, Campaigns, or try the Career mode and be assigned different squadrons and participate in realistic combat missions, meeting famous aces in the sky and building your pilot career day by day.
- Large terrain maps with over 150.000 square kilometers of historically recreated territories of both Western and Eastern WWI fronts with seasonal textures.
- Impressive visuals with High Dynamic Range lighting, blinding sun glare, gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, starry nights, realistically modeled rain and oil drops on pilot's goggles. Additional effects include high-g blackouts and red-outs, wounded pilot simulation with blood spots, ringing in the ears and controllability difficulties.
- Unmatched sensation of flight and aerial combat action with top-rate flight models, physics, damage system, atmospherics, sounds, visuals and ballistics that real pilots approve!
- Fly online with your friends in Multiplayer servers. Scenarios include both dogfight and cooperative missions, and the built-in server browser allows users to easily connect to their favorite servers.