Skype for iPhone 8.87
Say "hello" to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There's so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand.
Similar to 3
Skype keeps the world talking. Say "hello" with an instant message, voice or video call - all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs, and Macs.
- Video calls - Don't just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 49 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone's smiles and cries when you tell them "We're engaged!!!"
- Chat - Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone's attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
- Share - Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
- Voice calls - Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
- Express yourself - Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the "+" in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
Call friends on Skype
Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else who is on Skype and make HD quality video calls from your iPhone 5.
Talk to friends in an instant
Instant message your friends in a flash plus send emoticons.
Stay in touch with friends and family even when they're busy or offline with unlimited, free video messages.
Send photos on your iPhone directly to friends or family via Skype. There's no limit on the size of the photo you can send, so you can share a moment without reaching email size limits or paying expensive MMS charges.
Call mobiles and landlines
Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline.
No WiFi? No problem
Skype works on 3G* and WiFi - so you can stay in touch, even if you're out and about.
Chat with anyone, anywhere
Skype's available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple.
Quickly set up calendar events, start calls and check locations directly from an instant message - In Skype 6.6, you'll notice that phone numbers, addresses, times and dates are now highlighted. Simply tap on the highlighted text to start an action. A highlighted address will take you straight to Apple Maps and a highlighted phone number will open the Skype dialpad for you to immediately start a Skype call to a phone number (don't forget to add some Skype credit to your account).
Tapping on a highlighted date or time will open the calendar app. We'll automatically set up the event using the details from the chat to speed things up for you. We'll also add a Skype chat URL in the calendar notes which is perfect if you're setting up a call reminder - just open the event and tap on the chat URL to get straight back to your chat.
Multitask without missing a beat - we've made it easier for you to get back to an active Skype audio or video call from your instant messages or contact list. Simply tap the active call banner to jump straight back to your call. Additionally, when you're in an instant message conversation, you'll see an unread message counter at the top of the conversation. Just hit 'back' to see what you've missed.
If you haven't already downloaded the latest version of Skype for iPhone and iPad, you can get the update from the Apple Store. To get the latest news and tips, find us on Facebookand Twitter, and join us on the Skype Community. We look forward to hearing from you!
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Support for calling using SiriKit
- Noise cancellation for calls
- React to a message by tapping someone else's reaction to use the same one
- Bug fixes and improvements
Software similar to Skype for iPhone 3
Make calls, send messages and much more - freely and securely. Viber works on most Android, iOS, and Windows devices, as well as Mac and Windows computers.
Send free one-on-one and group texts to your friends anytime, anywhere! LINE is available for a variety of smartphone devices and even your PC.
Get fast, simple, secure messaging and calling for free, available on phones all over the world.
- Apple iOS