Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies.
If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.
SpyBot-S&D allows you to exclude selected cookies, programs or extensions from being reported, allowing you to prevent false positive messages for items that you dont want to be alerted of every time. It can even scan your download directory for files that have been downloaded, but not yet installed, allowing you to detect unwanted programs before you even install them. SpyBot produces a detailed and easy to understand report before it deletes any files and allows you to deselect any item that you do not want to be processed. In addition, a recovery feature allows you to restore your settings if needed.
Spybot-S&D can also clean usage tracks, an interesting function if you share your computer with other users and don't want them to see what you have been working on. And for professional users, Spybot-S&D allows you to fix some registry inconsistencies and extended reports.
We at Safer-Networking Ltd. are pleased to announce the release of version 2.6 of our popular anti-malware software ‘Spybot – Search & Destroy’.
- This version contains not only bug fixes but we have also improved security using Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing Certificates.
- We now offer full support for Microsoft SmartScreen and users will no longer receive warnings of possible Live Protection and Security Center Service conflicts.
- If you were affected by these issues, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience and hope that you will benefit from this upgrade to the latest version.
- This version is recommended for all users of Windows 7 and above.
- If you are a user of our software it is recommended that you upgrade to this latest version in order to avail of these new features.
Apps similar to Spybot - Search & Destroy
Malwarebytes protects you against malware, ransomware, and other advanced online threats that have made antivirus obsolete and ineffective.
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition is useful software that will detect and remove thousands of Spyware.
Unlimited free scanning and free 30-day version to remove detected malware.