RTX 3070 Ti prices revealed ahead of Nvidia's Computex keynote; watch it here at 10 pm...

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Nvidia’s Computex 2021 keynote begins in a few hours—and you can watch the whole thing right here. We’re expecting a slew of announcements, including the long-awaited RTX 3070 Ti and RTX 3080 Ti. Both cards are doubtlessly going to experience the same high demand and wallet-crushing prices as every other graphics card right now. In the RTX 3070 Ti’s case, we’re already seeing what some overseas retailers are charging for custom models: they start at $1,800.

Rumors of the RTX 3070 Ti and RTX 3080 Ti have been circulating since late last year. Nvidia all but confirmed that the cards would finally be unveiled at Computex, having released a teaser trailer for the reveal last week.

The big question on gamers’ lips, other than how hard it will be to buy one of these products, is how much they will cost. UK retailer LambdaTek has already listed prices for some RTX 3080 Ti custom models starting at $2,000 and going all the way up to $2,559 for the MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X 12G. That’s more than twice the expected $1,099 MSRP.

Now, prolific Twitter user momomo_us (via Tom’s Hardware) reports that the company has updated its website with RTX 3070 Ti listings. The publication converted the prices to US dollars minus the UK’s 20% value-added tax (VAT), coming up with $1,824 for the MSI RTX 3070 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC, $1,958 for the Gaming X Trio 8G, and $2,025 for the Suprim X 8G.

For comparison, the site lists the RTX 3070 versions of the Suprim X, Gaming X Trio and Ventus 3X OC series for $1,036, $956, and $915, respectively.

There’s always the chance that these price tags are just placeholders that will soon change. But as everyone knows, the current graphics card market is in turmoil, so prices are all over the place at the moment. We’ll doubtlessly find out more during Nvidia’s keynote, so make sure to tune in later. We'll also see the new Doom Eternal announcement, which will almost certainly be the addition of official ray tracing support.

Permalink to story.

giphy.gif

I am not sure Nvidia should even talk about pricing since there's no good outcome for them, they're either:

1) Sincere and open (for once) and price them at MSRP significantly above 1000 USD for even the 3070ti or

2) Invite inevitable ridicule by quoting 500 to 600 MSRP when they already know they just can't control their supply chain and will sell for 2x to 3x that MSRP since day one.

The smart thing for them would be to just not mention pricing at all. Of course the smartest thing for them to do would be to invest some of their millions in profits into just selling direct with more significant volume (We know they already have what they need in place since they've sold direct before) but I think they still have some lucrative opportunities with many AIB, distributor and retail partners and they would not want to alienate them too much so they have to tolerate them and just dance around the fact that MSRP is not even a suggestion anymore and it's nothing but a cruel joke.

Wow. Scalping because of non-availability right out of the gate. That's a huge incentive to buy. :rolleyes:

Wake me when these non-launches are over and I can actually get cards at the MSRP. :sleeping:

I am not sure Nvidia should even talk about pricing since there's no good outcome for them, they're either:

1) Sincere and open (for once) and price them at MSRP significantly above 1000 USD for even the 3070ti or

2) Invite inevitable ridicule by quoting 500 to 600 MSRP when they already know they just can't control their supply chain and will sell for 2x to 3x that MSRP since day one.

The smart thing for them would be to just not mention pricing at all. Of course the smartest thing for them to do would be to invest some of their millions in profits into just selling direct with more significant volume (We know they already have what they need in place since they've sold direct before) but I think they still have some lucrative opportunities with many AIB, distributor and retail partners and they would not want to alienate them too much so they have to tolerate them and just dance around the fact that MSRP is not even a suggestion anymore and it's nothing but a cruel joke.
Why tf would they price the 3070ti above the 3080. That was one of the dumbest things I've ever read about the GPU situation.

People need to get over this 'current market' idea as if this is going to return to some prior state or eventually 'normalize'. It isn't.

Why tf would they price the 3070ti above the 3080. That was one of the dumbest things I've ever read about the GPU situation.
That's kind of the point of my post: MSRP has become the dumbest thing companies like Nvidia quote: how can they quote *ANY* MSRP below at the very least 1000 to 1200 for any of these cards?

Do we trust they hash limiter will work this time? Hell no.

But let's say you do for some reason: Do you also trust they'll be able to meet demand after more than 6 months of shortage and people waiting instead of paying miner or scalper prices?

So that's another hell no: you can't set any realistic MSRP that'd be at or below the 3080 right now. You just can't: It is not going to happen. Not for even a few seconds after launch. There's just no chance. We know it. Nvidia knows it, so why would you want them to just lie and quote "Yeah 750 MSRP for a 3070 ti" when you know it just won't be found under at least 1400 for months, possibly even the reminder of 2021?

MRSP... plus Scalper Fee... plus Middleman Fees (3x).. plus Gouging Fee.... plus Packaging... plus Delivery... plus Tip

I can't wait for the Harvard B School case study.

This was always the goal of the "shortage". Boost the MSRP by 200%.

...while our legislators are "busy" defining tourism and deny reality, the cartels cash in.

Intel's entry into the market is far more significant now that it might have been. If they can produce GPUs in numbers, and they're even remotely capable, they could be the PC gamer's unlikely knight in shining armour.

Intel's entry into the market is far more significant now that it might have been. If they can produce GPUs in numbers, and they're even remotely capable, they could be the PC gamer's unlikely knight in shining armour.
All it will do is give miners another viable option. It's all about the means of acquisition for the miners and scalpers and they have their methods dialed. As soon as any viable products are available to purchase, miners and scalpers will clear an inventory in seconds. Intel would love to get in on that miner money and couldn't care less about gamers.

The corporate elites realized pc gaming is far too accessible and this is their 'solution'.
This will hurt the game developer companies quite a lot. If we cant get our new GPUs we wont buy their new "shiny" (unoptimized, pre-alpha stage) piece of craps for $50-$60-$70. I guess I may just go full retro for a year and play master of magic, dune 2, etc...

It makes sense, they won't sell a faster card for less.

Actually, if the mining limiter they built in works (that's a BIG "if"), then you could actually see lower demand for the Ti products, thus leading to a situation where the "faster" cards are also cheaper, since they're less useful for mining.

Actually, if the mining limiter they built in works (that's a BIG "if"), then you could actually see lower demand for the Ti products, thus leading to a situation where the "faster" cards are also cheaper, since they're less useful for mining.
or wait a few more weeks until BTC and ETH crashes to the ground and pick up an ex-miner card for chips...

This will hurt the game developer companies quite a lot. If we cant get our new GPUs we wont buy their new "shiny" (unoptimized, pre-alpha stage) piece of craps for $50-$60-$70. I guess I may just go full retro for a year and play master of magic, dune 2, etc...
The ruling class is more interested in gaming than ever and they are all in. Their interest alone is now enough to fuel all these industries because they are willing to pay any price and aren't concerned with things like value and longevity. Things that are paramount to the average consumer. Once upon a time having product tiers was necessary and there was a tier and segment that catered to average consumers, but the usefulness of devoting resources to that segment is diminishing rapidly.

By 2030 we'll supposedly have nothing and be happy, they tell us, but make no mistake, they're addressing a very specific group and not referring to all of humanity.

It's been "a few more weeks" for GPU-mined ETH since Jan 1 and over that time it's gone up by over 3.5x, even with the price slide 2 weeks ago. I see no indications that will go down anytime soon.
Then check the weekly price chart for ETH. Zoom out a little and you will see a beautiful parabolic curve which is always followed by an even steeper parabolic correction. I only see indications that it will go way lower. We are kind of half way till the bottom at the moment imo.
We will surely see in the coming weeks. I wouldn’t keep hopes to high at this point.
The correction didn’t start on Jan 1st but about 2 weeks ago. In jan we were in the middle of the bullrun.

Then check the weekly price chart for ETH. Zoom out a little and you will see a beautiful parabolic curve which is always followed by an even steeper parabolic correction. I only see indications that it will go way lower. We are kind of half way till the bottom at the moment imo.
We will surely see in the coming weeks. I wouldn’t keep hopes to high at this point.
The correction didn’t start on Jan 1st but about 2 weeks ago. In jan we were in the middle of the bullrun.

sure, but this time it's different? Isn't it just gonna drop and pop right back up again? With inflation being a real thing and more stimulus money to be printed by the US, isn't crypto the inflation hedge that gold used to be? I just don't see it going anywhere, hence why GPU prices will remain in the stratosphere for all those ETH miners.

People need to get over this 'current market' idea as if this is going to return to some prior state or eventually 'normalize'. It isn't.
Of course it will. There is nothing fundamental that would prevent the world from increasing production capacity by any amount needed, whether that's 10x, 100x, or 10,000x. Supply will eventually equalize to demand. What we have in the meanwhile is a temporary condition created by the fact that new capacity takes several years to come online.

Back