Paint.NET is jointly developed at Washington State University with additional help from Microsoft, and is meant to be a free replacement for the MS Paint software that comes with all Windows operating systems.Paint.NET is a photo editor and manipulation software.
Download notes: Alternatively you can download the latest stable version of this software.
The programming language used to create Paint.NET is C#, with GDI+ extensions.
Paint.NET has many of the powerful features that expensive commercial applications have, including the ability to use layers.
This is the second semester that Paint.NET has been a project at Washington State University, and we have the goal of adding as much functionality as expensive commercial applications provide, but of course, for free.
In the spirit of all this freedom, we welcome any suggestions, as well as provide the source code free of charge for anyone who wishes to tinker with it.
- Fixed glitchy text input for NumericUpDown controls.
- Fixed rendering of the Image List button for Dark theme (it's the button to the right of the list of images at the top of the window)
- Fixed and improved another big basket full of various High DPI issues
- Fixed the arrow keys not working properly until the second shape (or line/curve) was drawn. And this unearthed two low-level bugs in Canvas UI framework!
- Fixed the zoom slider being "wiggly" as it was being dragged around
- Fixed a toolbar layout glitch where it would grow taller when a ComboBox (e.g. pen width, font chooser) was removed (i.o.w. when you would resize the main window to be less wide).
- Fixed a glitch with the resize handle at the lower-left corner of the main window
- Fixed a crash in the Shape tool renderer (BadNumberException via ID2D1Geometry::GetWidenedBounds)
- Fixed a hang in the Frosted Glass effect
- Fixed a hang in the Levels adjustment
- Fixed: toe_head2001 had earlier reported a bug on Win7, you could switch Paint.NET to use Dark, and then switch Windows to use Classic, and then Paint.NET's UI would be suuuuuuper confused about which one it should be using.
Apps similar to Paint.NET Beta 6
Speedy Painter is an OpenGL based painting software for Windows. It supports Wacom digitizers to vary size and opacity of brush strokes according to pen pressure.
Do anything with graphics, photos, and more.
Magically Remove Elements From Your Photos.