Download notes: Alternatively you can download the latest Windows version of this software.
- Can encode directly from DVDs (even encrypted ones) or from VIDEO_TS folders
- Supports AC3, LPCM and MPEG audio tracks
- Outputs MP4, AVI or OGM files
- Outputs AAC, MP3 or Vorbis audio
- Supports 2*pass encoding
- Supports encoding of two audio tracks
- Includes a bitrate calculator
- Supports picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
- Improved user interface
- Redesigned main window for consistency and usability; overall flow is top to bottom, left to right
- Added new preset controls directly in main workflow
- Added new summary tab for overview of settings at a glance
- Updated interface icons to support high resolution displays
- New and improved official presets
- Added new presets for Vimeo and YouTube
- Added new 2160p/4K device presets for Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, and Roku
- Added new Production presets for post-production video editing workflows
- Added additional 2160p/4K Matroska presets
- Improved AppleTV 4K support
- Improved Intel QuickSync Video support
- Added Linux support (experimental)
- Added 10-bit H.265/HEVC encoding support for Kaby Lake and newer CPUs
- Added support for multiple GPUs via D3D11 encode path
- Many bug fixes and improvements [full release notes]
Software similar to HandBrake for Mac 3
HandBrake is a GPL'd multi-platform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 ripper/converter.
FFmpeg is the leading multimedia framework, able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, stream, filter and play pretty much anything that humans and machines have created.
ffmpegX is a Mac OS X GUI to ffmpeg the "hyper fast video and audio encoder".