Download notes: Alternatively you can download the latest Windows version of this software.
- Can encode directly from DVDs (even encrypted ones) or from VIDEO_TS folders
- Supports AC3, LPCM and MPEG audio tracks
- Outputs MP4, AVI or OGM files
- Outputs AAC, MP3 or Vorbis audio
- Supports 2*pass encoding
- Supports encoding of two audio tracks
- Includes a bitrate calculator
- Supports picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
- Improved user interface
- Redesigned main window for consistency and usability; overall flow is top to bottom, left to right
- Added new preset controls directly in main workflow
- Added new summary tab for overview of settings at a glance
- Updated interface icons to support high resolution displays
- New and improved official presets
- Added new presets for Vimeo and YouTube
- Added new 2160p/4K device presets for Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, and Roku
- Added new Production presets for post-production video editing workflows
- Added additional 2160p/4K Matroska presets
- Improved AppleTV 4K support
- Improved Intel QuickSync Video support
- Added Linux support (experimental)
- Added 10-bit H.265/HEVC encoding support for Kaby Lake and newer CPUs
- Added support for multiple GPUs via D3D11 encode path
- Many bug fixes and improvements [full release notes]
Software similar to HandBrake for Mac 3
HandBrake converts video from any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
FFmpeg is the leading multimedia framework, able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, stream, filter and play pretty much anything that humans and machines have created.
ffmpegX is a Mac OS X GUI to ffmpeg the "hyper fast video and audio encoder".