Download notes: Alternatively you can download the latest Windows version of this software.
- Can encode directly from DVDs (even encrypted ones) or from VIDEO_TS folders
- Supports AC3, LPCM and MPEG audio tracks
- Outputs MP4, AVI or OGM files
- Outputs AAC, MP3 or Vorbis audio
- Supports 2*pass encoding
- Supports encoding of two audio tracks
- Includes a bitrate calculator
- Supports picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
- Further refining the HandBrake engine to support native 10 and 12-bit encodes, including HDR10 metadata passthru.
- Improvements to hardware encoding functionality for Intel QuickSync, AMD VCN and Qualcomm ARM devices. (Thanks to these companies all for supporting the development in HandBrake!)
- Adds support for Apple Silicon based macs.
- Adds support for Qualcomm ARM64 devices running Windows (HandBrakeCLI only for now. Windows UI is coming later!)
- Improvements to subtitle handling.
- UI/UX improvements for all 3 platforms.
- As usual, hundreds of other changes and tweaks to the app. See the full release notes below for details!
Software similar to HandBrake for Mac 3
HandBrake converts video from any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
ffmpegX is a Mac OS X GUI to ffmpeg the "hyper fast video and audio encoder".
FFmpeg is the leading multimedia framework, able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, stream, filter and play pretty much anything that humans and machines have created.