As featured in:
- The State of PC Gaming in 2018
- Transfer Steam games to a new drive without redownloading
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
Instantly access to your favorite games
We have thousands of games from Action to Indie and everything in-between. Enjoy exclusive deals, automatic game updates and other great perks.
Join the Steam Community
Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 100 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.
Create and Share Content
Gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop. Help shape the future of your favorite games.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Whether you’re on a PC, Mac, Linux box, mobile device, or even your television, you can enjoy the benefits of Steam. Take the fun with you.
Available on PC, Mac, and Linux
We offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, many of which support Steam Play so you can buy once and play anywhere, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer so you can play with all your friends, no matter where they log in
Steam Remote Play
- Fixed audio on the host being muted after a streaming session
- Fixed a rare Steam client crash while streaming
- Fix bug affecting steam client service on new Steam installations, affecting game installation
- Fix Steam service vulnerability that allowed appending data to system-owned files
- Remove Steam service log message being written to Windows event log on service startup
- Enable search for localized game names in the Steam library
- The text entry area in the chat window now expands if you are typing long messages
- Fix privilege escalation vulnerability in Steam client service
- Fix Steam Controller trackpad rotation slider not saving out values properly
- Fix friend in-game notifications not obeying the user’s notification visibility settings
On Windows, Xbox controllers not present in our current USB VID/PID Whitelist will now be detected as Xbox controllers and will fall back to using the “Xbox Configuration Support” checkbox instead of “Generic Gamepad Support”. The list of officially support Xbox and PS4 controllers can be found here on our support website. If you have a controller that is missing from this list please report it in the Steam Controller bug reports forum.
Recent Steam Client news
Valve plans to appeal the decision
A more streamlined experience and 'Dynamic Collections' might justify that slimming wallet
August Steam hardware survey shows AMD increasing its CPU share as Intel falters, Turing cards keep growingTeam Red still has a long way to go
Apps similar to Steam Client 6
Uplay is Ubisoft's PC games portal, where you can find all their games.
Download Origin to play anywhere, challenge friends, explore exciting new games, and stay connected to the Origin community.
Blizzard Battle.net is an Internet-based online gaming, social networking, digital distribution, and digital rights management platform developed by Blizzard Entertainment.