As featured in:
Instantly access to your favorite games
We have thousands of games from Action to Indie and everything in-between. Enjoy exclusive deals, automatic game updates and other great perks.
Join the Steam Community
Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 100 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.
Create and Share Content
Gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop. Help shape the future of your favorite games.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Whether you’re on a PC, Mac, Linux box, mobile device, or even your television, you can enjoy the benefits of Steam. Take the fun with you.
Available on PC, Mac, and Linux
We offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, many of which support Steam Play so you can buy once and play anywhere, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer so you can play with all your friends, no matter where they log in
- Fixed multiple issues around CS:GO and Dota 2 when running in China
- Fixed creating shortcuts that include non-ASCII characters
- Fixed regression related to dpad mode and user created deadzones
- Added an option to share your IP address and attempt to establish a direct connection. The connection will still be relayed if NAT traversal fails or the relayed route is faster.
- Throttle downloads on the client while streaming, if that option is enabled in the Download settings
- Prevent downloads on the client while streaming, if "Allow downloads during gameplay" is not enabled in the Download settings
- Changing Remote Play settings on the client will affect any current streaming sessions
- Reduced the cursor scale when streaming to mobile devices
- Fix reading battery levels on laptops. Low battery level notifications and the battery level indicator in the overlay will now work again.
- Updated 'scout' steam runtime to 0.20200505.0
- Fixes bundled zenity binary
- Show progress bar while updating pinned libraries
- Updated 'heavy' steam runtime to 0.20200512.2 with upstream library updates
Linux Shader Pre-Caching
- Added support for merging NVIDIA per-thread cache files after processing new Vulkan pipelines and after a game exits
- Adjusted core count of background Vulkan pipeline processing to a quarter of logical cores by default
- Changed processing tasks to idle priority
- Updated Vulkan layer API version
- Improved routing for P2P connections
- Connections to the local user now go through internal loopback instead of being relayed over the Internet
- Fix crash bug when attempting P2P connection to self
- Fix bug causing excessive pings to be sent if connection starts timing out
- Fixed hang enumerating some rare USB devices on Windows
- Fixed hang on SteamVR startup on Windows 7
Recent Steam Client news
Software similar to Steam Client 6
Uplay is Ubisoft's PC games portal, where you can find all their games.
Blizzard Battle.net is an Internet-based online gaming, social networking, digital distribution, and digital rights management platform developed by Blizzard Entertainment.
Download Origin to play anywhere, challenge friends, explore exciting new games, and stay connected to the Origin community.