As featured in:
- The State of PC Gaming in 2019
- The State of PC Gaming in 2018
- Transfer Steam games to a new drive without redownloading
Instantly access to your favorite games
We have thousands of games from Action to Indie and everything in-between. Enjoy exclusive deals, automatic game updates and other great perks.
Join the Steam Community
Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 100 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.
Create and Share Content
Gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop. Help shape the future of your favorite games.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Whether you’re on a PC, Mac, Linux box, mobile device, or even your television, you can enjoy the benefits of Steam. Take the fun with you.
Available on PC, Mac, and Linux
We offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, many of which support Steam Play so you can buy once and play anywhere, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer so you can play with all your friends, no matter where they log in
- Fixed non-Steam games sometimes appearing unavailable for Remote Play
- Fixed steamwebhelper CPU/GPU usage in Steam overlay while the overlay is not visible
- Fixed Activity section not appearing in game details when Family View is enabled
- Fixed "Load More Activity" button not loading more activity
- Fixed some display errors for soundtracks with track names containing unusual characters
- Added support for playing back soundtracks containing .m4a content
- When installing a game, Steam will now immediately sync your Steam Cloud files in the background instead of waiting potentially until the first launch of the game.
- Minor layout and visual changes
- Stop showing "library in use" message for non-Steam games when a shared library is being used
- Fix issue with the Big Picture Overlay in games w/ launchers
- Fixed crash when viewing Community Connect in Library
- Fix an issue where the on-screen keyboard would not work with mouse or touch input when a controller is attached
- Add a Capslock/Altlock mode to the on-screen keyboard which is enabled by double tapping the shift/alt keys.
- Remove the “Turn Off Controller” option from the power button menu for controllers which don’t support the feature
- Add filter a for Steam Play white-listed games to the Big Picture Library’s filter list on Linux
- Hide games hidden by Family View from SteamVR (prevents them from showing up in SteamVR Home and other VR quick launch game lists).
- Hide automatically created VR shortcuts when the original manifest has marked them hidden.
- Mark hidden shortcuts to VR games as hidden in manifests created by Steam.
- Steam overlay will now show download status when starting an application that is updating or installing.
- Eliminated spam related to the desktop overlay on Windows 10
- Fixed issue with Quick Launch in SteamVR showing certain overlay applications
- Fixed intermittent Steam client and overlay crashes for certain system configurations
- Fixed some keyboard control keys not being handled correctly by Big Picture browsers
Remote Play Together
- Added ability to invite players by dragging them from the friend's list into the Remote Play Together window.
- When a Steam Link connects, the default view is recent games that are optimized for the connecting device. This can be changed in the advanced streaming settings on the Steam Link app or hardware.
- Fix diagnostic tool helper processes blocking until they time out on Ubuntu 18.04
- Fix a bug with multiple P2P connections from the same peer
Previous release notes:
A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded.
- Fixed the overlay not working correctly or crashing some DXGI/DX12 games in upcoming Windows Insider builds.
- Support a LAN event using DNS injection on lancache.steamcontent.com to set up a local explicit caching proxy for downloads.
- Fixed "Open the screenshot uploader after closing a game if screenshots were taken" setting not being honored in some cases
- Added sort by Steam Review to shelves and app grids.
- Added Library What’s New settings dialog which makes it easier to find and manage per-game news priorities
- Added a setting to show only product updates in Library What’s New
- Added Windows drive letter to the "Size on Disk" label shown on installed game portraits.
- Played/Unplayed filters no longer include/exclude games that were installed but never actually played
- Improved performance of library artwork precacher
- Improved library filtering for Korean game titles when typing in Hangul.
- Fixed an issue where removing the last non-Steam game from a collection would cause it to spontaneously reappear at a later time.
- Fixed non-Steam games with the "Include in VR Library" checkbox checked not appearing in dynamic collections with VR hardware support selected
- Fixed hidden achievements sometimes still appearing as hidden in the activity feed even after being achieved
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the wrong audio to play from a multi-disc soundtrack when playing an individual track
- Fixed games that have updates set to "Only update this game when I launch it" not showing in blue in the game list when an update is required
- Fixed the "View Additional Artwork" button not working correctly for some soundtracks.
- Fixed some partner event summaries not rendering properly in the activity feed and What's New section
- Added [h2] and [h3] rendering for partner events and announcements
- Fixed a case where changes to game collections were not reflected in Big Picture Mode.
- Fixed cursor scale on different resolution displays
- Added client-side screen magnifier for the toggle magnification controller binding
Remote Play Together
- The host can see all controllers connected in the Remote Play Together session.
- The host can drag and drop any player's controller to change its slot. This helps some games where the first identified controller or the first slot is locked to the primary game character and the group only brought a single controller. This also help cases where a player leaves the session with their controller and the host needs to take over input in the abandoned slot.
- Added error message when trying to join a game that is unavailable due to country or Family View restrictions.
- Only execute steam-runtime-system-info when needed for diagnostics.
- Initiate steam-runtime-system-info only when needed.
- Fixed a crash while preparing the hardware survey
- Fixed Steam Library on some NFS mounts
- Fixed a crash caused by certain types of P2P connection failures
Recent Steam Client news
Software similar to Steam Client 6
Uplay is Ubisoft's PC games portal, where you can find all their games.
Download Origin to play anywhere, challenge friends, explore exciting new games, and stay connected to the Origin community.
Blizzard Battle.net is an Internet-based online gaming, social networking, digital distribution, and digital rights management platform developed by Blizzard Entertainment.