As featured in:
- The State of PC Gaming in 2018
- Transfer Steam games to a new drive without redownloading
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
Instantly access to your favorite games
We have thousands of games from Action to Indie and everything in-between. Enjoy exclusive deals, automatic game updates and other great perks.
Join the Steam Community
Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 100 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.
Create and Share Content
Gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop. Help shape the future of your favorite games.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Whether you’re on a PC, Mac, Linux box, mobile device, or even your television, you can enjoy the benefits of Steam. Take the fun with you.
Available on PC, Mac, and Linux
We offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, many of which support Steam Play so you can buy once and play anywhere, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer so you can play with all your friends, no matter where they log in
- Android version updated to 2.3.10
- Fix Steam video player not streaming some free video content successfully
- Fix an issue causing the “deregister” button to not show on the Controller Settings page
- Fix the “Cross-Gate” setting for controllers with a physical dpad
- Fix audio capture driver not enabling successfully on macOS 10.14.5
- A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded.
- Re-enabled IPv6 content downloads with automatic fallback to IPv4
- Fixed regression in content update scheduler
- Fixed broadcast changed encoding notification to close
Big Picture Mode
- Fixed crash opening web pages in some cases
- Fixed issue "Servers content unreachable" related to some IPv6 network configurations
- Support using ipv6 for connections to download servers
- Fixed multiple issues in tracking Steam window and chat window position and size when adjusted by the user or automatically through DPI and screen size changes
- Fixed downloading unnecessary updates for games that self-update after initial install
- Fixed a crash related to SteamVR
- Added "Force Quit" button to the desktop client overlay, matching existing Big Picture functionality. Force-quitting a game can result in loss of unsaved data
- Added “Edit Controller Configuration”, which will open the current Steam Input configuration in a new window.
- Allow the On-screen Keyboard to spawn on secondary monitors
- Fixed a bug that could require you to hit the “Summon On-screen Keyboard” button twice before it launched
- Fixed Mouse region bindings in windowed games running without the Big Picture Overlay
- Fixed an issue where frequent rumble commands from games could cause input stuttering for PS4 controllers
- Fixed some cases where Steam Controller rumble emulation could get stuck on
- Added support for HORI Battle Pad
- Added support for HORI Wireless Switch Pad
- Added support for PDP Wired Fight Pad Pro
- Added support for PDP Faceoff Wired Pro Controller
Big Picture Mode
- Fixed race condition in Big Picture chat panel that would intermittently cause some controller actions to not respond
- Fixed issue in Big Picture overlay that was causing it to fail to render screen updates in a timely manner
- Fixed Control-A/Control-B sending enter and backspace respectively on Windows when in web browser and chat panels
- Fixed 0-byte downloads getting queued on startup for all Steam Play titles
- Fixed incorrect mouse wheel scrolling offsets
- Fixed an issue where some games wouldn't be properly detected as still running despite some of their processes still lingering in the background
- Fixed system tray including menu sometimes including too many recent game entries
- Fixed settings dialog incorrectly always prompting for a client restart
- Added gnutls 3 to the Steam Runtime, fixing network connectivity issues in many Steam Play titles
- Fixed an issue with host libssl on newer distributions breaking some titles
- Fixed a bug that could result in being unable to create shortcuts for certain games. To unblock previously affected titles, delete all *.ico and *.zip files from ~/.steam/root/steam/games and "Verify Game Files" to re-download the icons with the right format
- Fixed a crash with in-game purchases in Big Picture
- Fixed a case where drop-down menus or notifications would become stuck on screen
- Added the ability to force Steam Play compatibility tools for non-Steam game shortcuts
- Added the ability to quit games from the Steam overlay
On Windows, Xbox controllers not present in our current USB VID/PID Whitelist will now be detected as Xbox controllers and will fall back to using the “Xbox Configuration Support” checkbox instead of “Generic Gamepad Support”. The list of officially support Xbox and PS4 controllers can be found here on our support website. If you have a controller that is missing from this list please report it in the Steam Controller bug reports forum.
Recent Steam Client news
Apps similar to Steam Client 6
Uplay is Ubisoft's PC games portal, where you can find all their games.
Download Origin to play anywhere, challenge friends, explore exciting new games, and stay connected to the Origin community.
Blizzard Battle.net is an Internet-based online gaming, social networking, digital distribution, and digital rights management platform developed by Blizzard Entertainment.