Focus on what is really important: SmartGit/Hg will ask only when it needs a decision, but doesn't bother you with underlying technical constraints.
There is no need to install and configure additional tools: SmartGit/Hg comes with a built-in SSH client, a File Compare and 3-Way-Merge.
Reorder commits before pushing, commit individual lines within a file, resurrect lost commits and many more.
One for all.
Use SmartGit/Hg for Git, Mercurial or SVN. On Mac, Windows and Linux. Purchase once and use on all of your favorite platforms.
Clone from GitHub, Assembla and other hosting providers. Identify team-mate commits by their gravatars.
See your repository state at one glance: your working tree, Git's Index, available branches, which commits need to be pushed.
- Finish Release: Tag Message is not set to tag
- Finish Feature/Hotfix/Release: should not remeove remote branch if "push" option is deselected
- Commit view: temporary inconsistency might caused assertion
- could become inconsistend between selected refs and shown commits
- when merging a tag (by right-clicking it), commit or other branch name on commit was used instead of the tag
- adding/removing tag from local branch did not properly update local/ remote state (orange vs. black nodes)
- Rebasing state: "done" labels might be in wrong order
- Repository state banner text could get focus with blinking caret, e.g. after having clicked (Rebase) Continue
- internal error trying to open bare repository containing .git admin directory
- Window | Files tried to focus Directories view, even if hidden
- Pull: possible internal error if repository config could not be read
- Refresh: - reduced short-term memory usage
- Stash on Demand: asked to stash untracked files even if option to stash untracked files was unselected
- Cherry Picking a not yet pushed commit (= a commit without a revision) fails with "Aborting commit due to empty commit message"
- "forgot" https credentials
- fails with NoSuchMethodError if SWT_GTK3=0 and non-default SmartGit theme is used
- application icon is independent of pinned launcher icon
- Stash All: adds backslashs before " to message
- possible internal error expanding a tree control
Installation Instructions for Windows
- if you have an older SmartGit version installed, exit SmartGit (use Project|Exit; there should be no more SmartGit tray icon),
- unpack the downloaded file,
- launch the installer and follow the instructions
Installation Instructions for Mac
- if you have an older SmartGit version installed, quit SmartGit,
- unpack the downloaded file (e.g. by double clicking it) and move the application directory structure to a directory of your choice (typically /Applications)
- if you prefer, drag'n'drop the application to the dock to create an icon
Installation Instructions for Linux
- unpack the downloaded file into a directory of your choice,
- ensure, that the correct Java Runtime Environment is installed on your system,
- start the application by using the launcher script from the bin directory
If the application fails to start, e.g. because you have an incompatible JRE version on your system, it might be necessary to set the SMARTGITJAVAHOME environment variable to the root path of the Java Runtime Environment 1.6 from SUN. To create an icon on your desktop, you'll find suitable images in different sizes in the bin directory.