Focus on what is really important: SmartGit/Hg will ask only when it needs a decision, but doesn't bother you with underlying technical constraints.
There is no need to install and configure additional tools: SmartGit/Hg comes with a built-in SSH client, a File Compare and 3-Way-Merge.
Reorder commits before pushing, commit individual lines within a file, resurrect lost commits and many more.
One for all.
Use SmartGit/Hg for Git, Mercurial or SVN. On Mac, Windows and Linux. Purchase once and use on all of your favorite platforms.
Clone from GitHub, Assembla and other hosting providers. Identify team-mate commits by their gravatars.
See your repository state at one glance: your working tree, Git's Index, available branches, which commits need to be pushed.
- Git-Flow, Integrate/Finish Feature: may unexpectedly skip commits to rebase
- Log: possible internal error for files obstructured by submodules
- Log/Working tree window: memory leak when closing
- Log Graph/Journal: internal error if a user name contained \r
- Journal: changing Auxiliary Ref in submodule did not refresh automatically opening bare repository may fail due to missing "logs" directory
- Ignore: internal error trying to ignore the root directory; resolved by only allowing directories containing only untracked (or ignored) files
- Refresh: for notification "Repository ... has a locked index" the "Delete" button may not work if .git/index.lock has been removed in the meanwhile
- GUI: text input field, e.g. filters: Ctrl+Z triggered accelerator instead of accepting as undo for text field internal error setting log level to FINE
- drag and drop of repositories was more or less broken
- default tool to open terminal might open wrong directory; requires installation upgrade
- 10.15: preferences, menu items were scrolled out of view; workaround for https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=558584
- VM crash when notification was closed when fcitx IME was used
- checkboxes and radiobuttons hard to read on Fedora 31 with Gnome 3.24.1 and Adwaita Other Noteworthy Changes
macOS: Git can't be bundled any more because it was not built with the hardened runtime and Apple rejects it on notarization
Installation Instructions for Windows
- if you have an older SmartGit version installed, exit SmartGit (use Project|Exit; there should be no more SmartGit tray icon),
- unpack the downloaded file,
- launch the installer and follow the instructions
Installation Instructions for Mac
- if you have an older SmartGit version installed, quit SmartGit,
- unpack the downloaded file (e.g. by double clicking it) and move the application directory structure to a directory of your choice (typically /Applications)
- if you prefer, drag'n'drop the application to the dock to create an icon
Installation Instructions for Linux
- unpack the downloaded file into a directory of your choice,
- ensure, that the correct Java Runtime Environment is installed on your system,
- start the application by using the launcher script from the bin directory
If the application fails to start, e.g. because you have an incompatible JRE version on your system, it might be necessary to set the SMARTGITJAVAHOME environment variable to the root path of the Java Runtime Environment 1.6 from SUN. To create an icon on your desktop, you'll find suitable images in different sizes in the bin directory.