As featured in:
Do you often download files from the Internet? Is your hard drive crowded with these files? Have you ever asked yourself which files you have downloaded more than once? Perhaps you have burned files to a CD and retrieved them again? Do you want to find these files and eliminate the duplicates? Maybe you want to find duplicate files without checking your entire collection of backup CDs every time? Then CloneSpy is the right tool for you!
What can CloneSpy do?
CloneSpy can help you free up hard drive space by detecting and removing duplicate files. Duplicate files have exactly the same contents regardless of their name, date, time and location. Also, CloneSpy is able to find files that are not exactly identical, but have the same file name. Perhaps you have different versions of a file and you want to find all of them and remove the older versions. CloneSpy can also find zero length files. These are files that have no content.
With CloneSpy you can process files which
- are duplicates
- are duplicates and have the same file name
- have the same file name
- have the same file name and (approximately) the same size are zero bytes long
CloneSpy offers you a complete mechanism for determining which duplicate or same-name files should be removed. It is also possible to leave this decision up to the individual user.
CloneSpy can handle equal files by
- deleting redundant files
- moving redundant files to a specific folder
- exporting a list of all equal files without removing any files
- deferring file operations on redundant files to a batch file where you can apply arbitrary file operations
- replacing redundant files with shortcuts or hard links (NTFS) to retained files
With CloneSpy you can build checksum files from files on CDs (or even on hard drives, etc.) and use them to check whether these files already exist on your system. The checksum files will prevent you from having to play DJ every time you search for duplicates.
- Added: You can now exclude sub-folders when marking or unmarking files in a folder via the context menu of the list box in the All duplicates window.
- Added: Remembered window sizes and positions can now be reset to their default values (see Misc page of the Options window).
- Modified: Hard links and shortcuts are now created before the file to be replaced is deleted (see Deletion page of the Options window).
- Modified: Leftover files are now deleted at the end of a scan to prevent deletion conflicts (see Deletion page of the Options window).
- Modified: Deleted leftover files are now counted in the scan progress window and listed in the log file if deleted files have to be logged (see Logging page of the Options window).
- Modified: The title of the Main window now contains the program version.
- Modified: Renamed the Priority page of the Options window to Misc.
- Modified: Renamed Execute file to Open file in the context menu of the Single duplicates window and All duplicates window.
Software similar to CloneSpy 5
Powerful Windows file manager replacement that simply works. TC offers search, file comparison, directory syncing, archive handling, built-in FTP client, and more.
- Free to Try
Freeware system optimization tool that removes unused and temporary files.
Duplicate Cleaner is a useful program to help you organize the contents of your home hard drive or corporate network.