With fre:ac you easily rip your audio CDs to MP3 or WMA files for use with your hardware player or convert files that do not play with other audio software. You can even convert whole music libraries retaining the folder and filename structure. The integrated CD ripper supports the CDDB/freedb online CD database. It will automatically query song information and write it to ID3v2 or other title information tags.
- Converter for MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, WAV and Bonk formats
- Integrated CD ripper with CDDB/freedb title database support
- Portable application, install on a USB stick and take it with you
- Multi-core optimized encoders to speed up conversions on modern PCs
- Full Unicode support for tags and file names
- Easy to learn and use, still offers expert options when you need them
- Multilingual user interface available in 37 languages
- Completely free and open source without a catch
The new release updates the FAAC encoder to fix an issue with high bitrates, slightly improves the CDDB submit dialog and improves compatibility with virtual drive software.
In particular, the new release updates the Ogg Vorbis codec to the 2014 version of aoTuV 6.03 and adds Afrikaans language support. It fixes two possible crash issues, blurry text on Windows 8 computers with high DPI displays, the last track of CD-Extra discs being reported two seconds too long as well as several minor problems.
Apps similar to fre:ac 3
EZ CD Audio Converter is a complete audio suite that features CD ripping, audio converting, and disc burning.
4Free Video Converter is an easy to use program that lets you edit and convert video, audio, and animated images.
Powerful and professional audio converter.