The vulnerability could allow remote code execution if an attacker sends specially crafted packets to a Windows server.This security update is rated Critical for all supported releases of Microsoft Windows. For more information, see the Affected Software section.
The security update addresses the vulnerability by correcting how Schannel sanitizes specially crafted packets. For more information about the vulnerability, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) subsection for the specific vulnerability. For more information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 2992611.
Other version of Windows (just click to download the patch):
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2003 with SP2 Itanium
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008 64-bit Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008 with SP 2 Itanium
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 Itanium
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2