Added and Modified Features
- Improved recognition accuracy when connecting USB drives.
- Modified to deal with Samba programming vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-0178 and CVE-2015-0240)
- Fixed a bug where a backup job could not be added if the backup target folder contains full-width spaces in its name.
- Fixed a bug where a shared folder, user, or group could not be created if its name contains specific symbols.
- Fixed a bug where an invalid default gateway is configured when changing the IP address on NAS Navigator2.
- Buffalo LinkStation LS410D Series
- Buffalo LinkStation LS420D Series
- Buffalo LinkStation LS421DE Series
- Buffalo LinkStation LS441D Series
- Buffalo LinkStation LS441DE Series
How to Update the Firmware:
- Connect the LinkStation properly and configure the LinkStation and a computer to run the updater on the same network subnet. The subnet masks should be the same and the first three numbers of the IP addresses should be the same. The last number of the IP addresses should be different. For example, if the IP address and subnet mask of the computer are " 192.168.0.10 , 255.255.255.0 " and the IP address and subnet mask of the LinkStation are " 192.168.1.150 , 255.255.255.0 " then the updater will _not_ work properly. In this case, reconfigure the LinkStation's IP address and subnet mask to " 192.168.0.150 , 255.255.255.0 ". Then they will be on the same subnet and the updater will work properly.
- Close all applications. Also, stop or exit any firewall software.
- Extract the downloaded file and run "LSUpdater.exe". When a LinkStation is detected, an update window will open.
- Select the LinkStation to update if multiple LinkStation are connected.
- Click "Update" and enter the LinkStation's admin password.
- Click "OK".
- Transferring and updating the firmware will start. Wait until it finishes. The info LED will blink during the update.
- When the update is complete, a message will be displayed.
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems:
- August 18, 2016
- Mac OS X
- 410 downloads
- 199 MB