Nvidia Pixel Clock Patcher 1.4.1
Unofficial Nvidia Pixel Clock Patcher by ToastyX.
Nvidia Pixel Clock Patcher modifies the NVIDIA video driver to allow higher resolutions and refresh rates by removing the 165 MHz pixel clock limit for single-link DVI and HDMI, the 330 MHz limit for dual-link DVI, and the 400 MHz limit for SLI and 400/500-series GPUs.
- Windows Vista or later
- 400-series GPU or newer
- Version 1.4.1 is compatible with 304.48 to 387.92. It can be used with future versions if it finds the limits you need.
- Run nvlddmkm-patcher.exe. (Catleap/Tempest/QNIX/X-Star users with SLI or 400/500-series GPUs: run nvlddmkm-patcher-full.exe instead.)
- If all limits are found, click "Yes" to patch and sign. If a limit is not found or if multiple matches are found, the patcher needs to be updated.
You can then add higher refresh rates using the NVIDIA Control Panel or Custom Resolution Utility (CRU).
To restore the unpatched driver, run the patcher again and click "Yes" to restore from backup.
- The full patch breaks HDCP support. It is only needed if the pixel clock is greater than 400 MHz with SLI or 400/500-series GPUs.
- Titan, GTX 780, and GTX 900-series cards do not need the full patch for SLI.
- NVIDIA cards will not reduce clock speeds when idle if the vertical blanking/total is too low.
- 400/500-series cards will not reduce clock speeds if the pixel clock is greater than 404 MHz.
- 1.4.1: Updated for 384.76. Fixed SL-DVI limit on DL-DVI.
- 1.4.0: Keep old backup when updating files already patched by an older version. This does not affect new installations. Repatching is not necessary.
- 1.4: Updated for 369.09/372.54. Changed the way the driver is located and patched.
- 1.3.7: Updated for 368.22/368.25. Fixed SL-DVI limit on DL-DVI for 64-bit.
- 1.3.6: Updated for 364.47. Fixed SL-DVI limit on DL-DVI for 64-bit.
- 1.3.5: Updated for 361.43. Fixed SL-DVI limit on DL-DVI and Fermi check for 64-bit.
- 1.3.4: Updated for 358.50. Fixed Fermi check for 32-bit. Try to improve finding Fermi check for newer drivers.
- 1.3.3: Added support for Windows 10 WDDM 2.0 drivers.
- 1.3.2: Updated for 350.12. Increased SL-DVI/HDMI limit.
- 1.3.1: Updated for 347.09.
- 1.3: Remove "SLI limit 2" text for newer drivers. Fall back to self-signing if signing fails.
- 1.2.6: Updated for 337.50. Fixed SL-DVI/HDMI limit for 64-bit. Fixed SLI limits for 32-bit.
- 1.2.5: Updated for 334.67. Fixed SLI limit.
- 1.2.4: Fixed restore from backup for 32-bit (64-bit not affected).
- 1.2.3: New SLI limit found.
- 1.2.2: Removed SL-DVI/HDMI check false positive for 64-bit.
- 1.2.1: Updated for 331.40. Fixed SLI limit.
- 1.2: Test mode no longer required.