Google Chrome for Mac 31.0.1650.63
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish ó quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
Chrome has been updated to 31.0.1650.63 for Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome Frame.
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but havenít yet fixed.
This update includes 15 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were either contributed by external researchers or are particularly interesting. Please see the Chromium security page for more information.
- [$1337] Medium CVE-2013-6634: Session fixation in sync related to 302 redirects. Credit to Andrey Labunets.
- [$2000] High CVE-2013-6635: Use-after-free in editing. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
- [$500] Medium CVE-2013-6636: Address bar spoofing related to modal dialogs. Credit to Bas Venis.
We would also like to thank cloudfuzzer for working with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel. $2500 in additional rewards were issued.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  CVE-2013-6637: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
-  Medium CVE-2013-6638: Buffer overflow in v8. This issue was fixed in v8 version 18.104.22.168. Credit to Jakob Kummerow of the Chromium project.
-  High CVE-2013-6639: Out of bounds write in v8. This issue was fixed in v8 version 22.214.171.124. Credit to Jakob Kummerow of the Chromium project.
-  Medium CVE-2013-6640: Out of bounds read in v8. This issue was fixed in v8 version 126.96.36.199. Credit to Jakob Kummerow of the Chromium project.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.