Unlike email, instant messages appear as soon as they're sent.
- Take Yahoo! with You
- Stay connected to Yahoo! Messenger on your mobile phone. Learn more
- Use a webcam to share live video with your friends. Learn more
- File Transfer
- Send files to friends and receive notification when they have been received. Learn more
- Express your feelings in a conversation using these little animated smiling faces.
- Free voice conversations with other Messenger users on both Mac and Windows.
- Cheap PC-to-phone calls: make calls from Messenger to landline and mobile phones at low rates with Yahoo! Phone Out.
- Receive phone calls: get a phone number for your Messenger and start taking phone calls on your computer with Yahoo! Phone In. Plus, choose your area code!
- Forward calls and voice conversations to another phone number.
- Get voicemail by email.
- Numerous improvements to stability and user experience.
- A connection to the Internet
- An active (free) Yahoo! Account
- CarbonLib 1.5 installed (if running Mac OS 9 or older)
- Broadcasting with Super Webcam requires a Quicktime-supported video input device, such as a video capture card, a USB or Firewire webcam, or a Digital Video (DV) source. Please make sure you have installed the driver software that came with your video input device before using Super Webcam in Yahoo! Messenger.