- Fixed Windows XP DNS problems on new Dell Optiplex computers.
- Download the file using the button below and extract it to a convenient place such as your desktop.
- If upgrading from an earlier version,
- Shut down your computer and remove the adapter from the slot and restart the computer.
- If you are not comforable in doing this, contact your computer vendor
- Run the installation program setup.exe in the folder where you extracted the file.
- Turn off the PC and open the PC case.
- Locate an available PCI slot and insert the GA311 Ethernet Adapter into the PCI expansion slot.
- Note: To avoid damaging any components on the adapter, handle it by the edges. Use your thumbs to push it securely into the PCI slot.
- Do not use excessive force, but make sure the card is fully inserted into the slot to prevent the PC operating system from freezing at startup.
- Restart your PC.
- Follow the Found New Hardware Wizard steps and accept the Install the software automatically setting.
- Click Next to proceed
- Note: If Windows XP or 2000 displays a Windows XP Logo Testing or a Digital Signature Not Found warning,
- click Continue Anyway or Yes to proceed.