While updating to this version reduces the bright spots customers have noticed in long exposures, it does require that an imaging adjustment be performed by a Nikon-authorized service representative. This update also reduces the bright spots that have been noted in photographs taken with 1.2× selected for image area.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the camera to stop responding when attached to a WR‑R10 wireless remote controller running firmware version 3.00.
- Incorrect distances were shown in the camera playback info display for photographs taken with an optional flash unit in distance-priority manual (GN) mode.
- The brightness of the live view photography display would not change when a command dial was rotated to adjust exposure compensation with On (Auto reset) selected for b Metering/exposure > b4 Easy exposure compensation > Easy exposure compensation in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU.
- Although the preview button would stop the lens down to maximum aperture when assigned the Preview role, the maximum aperture indicator would not appear in the monitor.
- In rare cases, the shutter would not be released when the user attempted to take photographs in movie live view.
- About 4 seconds of static could be heard on audio recorded with external HDMI recorders during movie live view.
- The shutter speed, aperture, and ISO sensitivity displayed in the monitor during movie live view would differ from values in the final movie file.
- Volume could sometimes not be adjusted if movies were played with indicators hidden during full-frame playback (None (image only)).
- Exposure compensation would fail to produce the desired results if a negative value was selected when NEF (RAW) images were processed using the NEF (RAW) processing option in the RETOUCH MENU.
- Images would in rare cases fail to record correctly with HDR (high dynamic range) selected in the SHOOTING MENU.
- If On was selected for Exposure smoothing during interval timer photography, every frame after the first would be overexposed.
- File numbers were not assigned in the proper sequence.
- In some languages, characters or parts of characters would be missing from the SETUP MENU > Location data > Positiondisplay.
- In some languages, characters or parts of characters would be missing from the SETUP MENU > AF fine-tune > List saved values display.
How to Update:
- Create a folder on the computer hard disk and name it as desired.
- Download F-D810-V111W.exe to the folder created in Step 1.
- Run F-D810-V111W.exe to extract the following file to a folder named “D810Update”:
- • D810_0111.bin (the camera firmware)
- Using a card slot or card reader, copy “D810_0111.bin” to a memory card that has been formatted in the camera.
- Insert the memory card into the primary slot on the camera and turn the camera on.
- Select Firmware version in the SETUP MENU and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update.
- Once the update is complete, turn the camera off and remove the memory card.
- Confirm that the firmware has been updated to the new version.