Software Components Overview:
The software for the wireless adapter has basically two components:
- The device management utility is a software application that manages the activities and features of the wireless adapter.
- The device driver provides for communications between the hardware adapter itself and the software device management utility and operating system.
- More information and screen examples
Intel PROSet for Wireless Software and Intel PROSet/Wireless Software Security Features:
Intel PROSet for Wireless software and Intel® PROSet/Wireless software, including some security features, may not be supported by your PC manufacturer. Check with your PC manufacturer for details on availability.
- This archive contains device driver version 18.104.22.168, and Intel® PROSet for Wireless Software version 22.214.171.124.
- Support is included for only the Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection wireless network adapter.
- This release incorporates the following:
- 1. WPA and WPA2 / 802.11i Security Features and Certification
- 2. Cisco* CCXv1 and CCXv2 Features and Certification
Installing/updating the adapter driver:
NOTE: You must install or update the device driver BEFORE installing Intel PROSet for Wireless Software
- You must install the base drivers according to the methods and requirements specific to each operating system. You can find the installation information for most popular operating systems in the Online User Guide. To access the User Guide, double-click the AUTORUN.EXE file in the root of this archive.
- If you are updating from a previous driver version, select update driver from device manager, select to specify a location, and specify the appropriate DRIVER directory in the archive
Installing/updating Intel PROSet for Wireless Software
- Intel PROSet for Wireless Software is a separate installable module in this software release.
- You must install or update the device driver BEFORE installing Intel PROSet for Wireless Software.
- To install Intel PROSet for Wireless Software, simply run AUTORUN.EXE from the root of this archive and select "Install Software" from the menu.
- If you currently have a previous version of Intel® PROSet for Wireless Software installed it is recommended to remove it before installing this newer version. This can be accomplished via Windows Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs
- This release supports only Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet, and Windows 2000 Professional.
- This release supports only the Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection wireless adapter.
- Windows XP is supported by this version of Intel® PROSet for Wireless Software. You can manage your wireless connections either by the built-in utilities of Windows XP or via Intel® PROSet for Wireless Software. If you desire to use Windows XP to manage the wireless connection, you need only to install the device driver - and not install Intel® PROSet for Wireless Software.
View complete realease notes here:
- November 15, 2012
- Windows XP
- 21,701 downloads
- 37.2 MB
- July 31, 2009
- Windows XP
- 6,080 downloads
- 4.6 MB
- January 5, 2009
- Windows XP/Vista
- 12,079 downloads
- 7.1 MB
- January 10, 2007
- Windows Vista
- 11,089 downloads
- 3.6 MB
- September 28, 2006
- Windows 2000/XP
- 4,818 downloads
- 52.1 MB