Weekend Open Forum
Dedicated to our weekly open discussions, the TechSpot community debates and voices its opinion on a range of different subjects. Common themes include the latest product launches or polls about your computing habits.
- As the holiday shopping season gets rolling, our question for you is: How much do you rely on online retailers and where do you prefer to buy stuff? Not only tech, but things in general like clothes, gifts for family and friends, food, flowers, anything you are used to buy online these days. Even if it's a local store, we want to hear about it.
- Usually when you think of gaming, a tiny screen and cramped controls aren't the first things that come to mind. But in the last year or so smartphone gaming has really kicked off as they get more capable hardware and developers find creative ways to use touch interfaces. So much indeed that Apple's iOS devices alone have already surpassed the Sony PSP as a gaming platform in the U.S., according to a recent survey, while closing in on the DS.
- There's less than two months until Christmas morning, and we know many of you are scrambling for gift ideas -- we are too. Our annual holiday gift guide is due to be published by mid-November, and while that should help you find items for your friends and family, we want to give you an opportunity to tell the world what you'd like for Christmas this year as well...
- Weekend Open Forum It's not hard to guess that if you visit TechSpot and are reading this, odds are you are a gamer, even if you don't have enough time in your hands at this very moment, you do play games on occasion. How much time do you usually dedicate to play games in your computer, console or even smartphone? Discuss.
- Cheat codes have been a part of gaming for years. Today we want to hear about the ones that stuck onto your memory all this time -- or maybe some that were so ridiculously complicated that you don't remember so well. I’ll mention an obvious one and a more obscure one to get the conversation started: IDDQD for Godmode in Doom II (PC) and pressing B thirteen times while rotating the D-pad 360 degrees clockwise during the match-up screen to get power dunks in NBA Jam (SNES).
- Weekend Open Forum It seems every year a corporate bigwig predicts the death of some mainstream consumer technology. While most visions are dramatized, there's an obvious trend underway: people are spending more time with mobile devices and less time with traditional desktop PCs.
- Visiting Google's homepage today you'll get a fun surprise: the company has transformed its ever-changing website logo into a fully functional game of Pac-Man to celebrate the classic arcade's upcoming 30th anniversary tomorrow. This is Google's first ever interactive, playable…
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.