Integrating FinePrint with your application is quite easy. Since FinePrint is a printer driver, you can print to the FinePrint driver just as you would any other printer. The information below plus the registry settings comprise the FinePrint SDK.
- Print Preview: Universal print preview with editing capability. Easily add blank pages, delete pages, and re-sequence jobs.
- Ink Saver: Provides options to convert colored text to black and skip graphics.
- Multiple Pages on a single sheet: Print 2, 4 or 8 pages on a single sheet of paper.
- Watermarks Headers and Footers: Watermark, header and footer option allows documents to be marked with the date, time, system variables or custom text.
- Forms and Letterheads: Allows the simplified creation of electronic forms and letterhead. The preview feature shows how output will appear before you print it to ensure correct alignment.
- Combine Print Jobs: Allows multiple documents to be combined together as a single print job. This is useful for creating booklets based on web pages, etc.
- File saving: Save pages and jobs to TIFF, JPEG, BMP, text and FP formats.
- Clipboard Support: Any printed output can be copied to the clipboard in text, bitmap or
- Double Sided Printing Support: Booklet making and double sided printing are supported with all documents and printers. Booklets create a professional touch to all documents and are easy to read and carry. Double sided printing cuts paper use in half and reduces travel weight.
- Paper Scaling: Allows large pages to be scaled to that they fit on standard paper sizes such as letter or A4.
- Adjustable Margins: Margin adjustment allows for increased text sizes for better readability, by using more of the printable area on the page.
- Gutter Support: Gutter capability provides space for binding documents.
- Multiple FinePrinters: Multiple FinePrinters can be created. This allows the creation of "virtual printers" that have different pre-defined settings. For example, you could have a "booklet printer" that automatically prints a booklet or a "letterhead printer" that prints on your letterhead without the FinePrint dialog box appearing.
- Easy server deployment: Install on a server as a shared printer for easy group or enterprise deployment.
- new Lighten feature allows you to save ink by reducing the color intensity of your printed content
- fixed problems with the “Create new printer” command under Windows 7/8/8.1