Shutter is a multifunctional shutdown utility, which has a user friendly and easy-to-use interface and supports many different Events and Actions.
Events: Countdown, On Time, Winamp Stops, Low CPU Usage, User Inactive, Battery Low, Window Closes, Process Stops, Ping Stops, File Size Limit. Actions: Shutdown, Reboot, LogOff, Lock Workstation, Sleep, Hibernate, Monitor Turn Off, Mute/UnMute Master Volume, Hang Up, Alarm.
Also, it is able to play a custom sound and/or run a program of your choice, in addition to the simple shutdown message. Optionally, Shell Links can be created to immediately execute any of the supported actions from the desktop. Web Interface - allows Remote Execution of any Action, it also displays some run-time information about the computer: Logged In User, Up Time, List of Processes, Screenshot of a Desktop, plus Command Line Execution.
- "File Size Limit" event renamed to "File Size";
- "File Size" event can be triggered when file no longer exists;
- "File Size" event checks file every second instead of 5 seconds;
- Use "MS Shell Dlg 2" font instead of "MS Shell Dlg" on Windows 2000 and later versions; This system font substitute maps to "Tahoma" which better handles ambiguity between letter "I" and digit "1";
- Option to stop events when computer is going to hibernate/sleep and restart when wakes up has been broken down into 3 separate options
- Hints for use of URL and MAILTO links in Open File action
- Do not strip path from the file parameter in Open File action statement when URL or MAILTO links are used
- Display "No additional configuration available" instead of blank panel
- Updated icons in action configuration panels
- Added copyright notices in Copyrights.txt
- Updated icons in the Settings dialog
- Added hint to run as administrator when failed to apply system settings
- Removed donation link (donations are discontinued in favor of "Pro" version
TechSpot means tech analysis and advice you can trust.