EasyBCD extends and revamps the Windows BCD bootloader. Setting up and configuring a dual-boot between Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, older versions of Windows such as XP & 2003, Linux, Ubuntu, BSD, and macOS is a breeze. You just point and click and EasyBCD does the rest.
EasyBCD is geared for users of all kinds. Whether you just want to add an entry to your old XP partition or want to create a duplicate for testing purposes; if you're interested in debugging the Windows Kernel or septuple-booting your seven test operating systems, EasyBCD is the key.
- Boot anything. Windows, Linux, Mac, & BSD. Boot both from and into USB drives, ISO images, virtual disks, and more.
- Boot anywhere. Create bootable USB sticks with repair utilities that you can take with you anywhere.
- Protect against disaster. Create entries to boot into recovery utilities or safe mode to prepare for a rainy day.
- Painless editing. Add, rename, remove, configure, and reorder entries at whim.
- Solve difficult problems. Use EasyBCD to troubleshoot Windows, back up and repair the bootloader, and more.
- Powerful scripting with NeoGrub. You'll have the power to hide partitions, change active flags, and create complex boot scenarios.
- Windows 10 and UEFI ready.
- New: Integrate an option to enable or disable metro bootloader
- New: Standalone FreeDOS Support
- New: BCD Deployment to USB on EFI installations
- New: Dynamically update list of drives when USB is connected/disconnected
- New: RTL support in EasyBCD UI for localizations that need it
- New: Sign uninstall for Windows app compatibility
- New: Only show system EFI entries if in expert mode
- New: Use HTTPS for communication with update server
- New: Persist user settings across versions
- New: New setup icon
- New: Add locale setting option to bootloader configuration
- New: Set the default locale for new entries to match the bootmgr locale
- New: Increase compatibility with screen reader software
- Fixed: Crash on edit legacy menu entries if no bootgrabber boot partition
- Fixed: Silent crashes/failure when creating bootable USBs on machines with unmounted boot partition
- Fixed: Silent crash when attempting to create bootable USB in cases where BCD prep was incomplete
- Fixed: Cannot deploy BCD to external USB on EFI machines
- Fixed: EFI detection is case-sensitive to winload path
- Fixed: EasyBCD does not use fallback fonts if Segoe UI or Consolas are not available
- Fixed: Close existing EasyBCD instances on upgrade/install
- Fixed: Invalid/corrupt/incompatible settings file causes EasyBCD crash on start
- Fixed: EasyBCD gets stuck in EFI mode (even when selecting non-EFI BCD)
- Fixed: Timeout does not update on summary after change
- Fixed: Timeout counter sometimes remains disabled after switching from "skip" to "count down"
- Fixed: EasyBCD locale detection is case-sensitive
- Fixed: BootGrabber does not detect 64-bit Windows XP/2003 from within itself
- Better support for creating bootable USBs in mixed EFI/MBR environments
- Refresh BCD after updating options to reflect changes
- Remove iReboot one-click download
- Recursively prettify fonts for all form controls
- Default main UI display to Segoe UI instead of Calibri
- Only restart localization dialog if the locale was set/changed
- Add Easy USB Creator to Useful Utilities
- Add OEM Product Key Tool to Useful Utilities
- Include link to localization thread in software
- Replace specific Windows version numbers with generic text where possible
Apps similar to EasyBCD 6
VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
YUMI can be used to create a Multiboot USB Flash Drive containing multiple operating systems, antivirus utilities, disc cloning, diagnostic tools, and more. YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer), is the successor to MultibootISOs.
This new tool allows an easy and comfortable way to download genuine Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, as well as Office 2007, 2010 and 2011 disk images (ISO) directly from Microsoft's servers.