Event Log Explorer is an effective software solution for viewing, monitoring and analyzing events recorded in Security, System, Application and other logs of Microsoft Windows operating systems. Event Log Explorer greatly extends standard Windows Event Viewer monitoring functionality and brings many new features.
Event Log Explorer helps you to quickly browse, find and report on problems, security warnings and all other events that are generated within Windows. Thanks to Event Log Explorer, monitoring and analysis of events recorded in Security, System, Application, Directory Service, DNS, and other logs of Microsoft Windows operating systems gets much faster and really effective. Event Log Explorer provides powerful event search and filtering engine. You can easily filter events in the list by any criteria. Every filter can be saved into file - this saves your time when you want to re-apply the filter in future.
Unlike standard Windows Event Viewer, Event Log Explorer can print event logs or even separate events. You can also export your event logs to other formats. At the time, Event Log Explorer supports export to HTML, Microsoft Excel and tab-separated text files. For effective event analysis, Event Log Explorer features advanced reporting tools --- Analytical Reports allowing you to build different summary tables and summary diagrams.
Event Log Explorer is a professional utility, but home users will find it helpful as well. It is important to monitor System log and Security log even on a home PC. System log helps you to detect hardware and system failures, monitor system services and other resources. Security log lets you audit your system and monitor access to Windows resources like files, folders and registry keys, trace logon attempts and perform other auditing tasks.
- Multi-document user interface (MDI) to view several event logs at one time
- Favorites computers and their logs are grouped into a tree
- Viewing event logs and event logs files
- Archiving event logs
- Event descirptions are in the log window
- Event list can be sorted by any column and in any direction
- Advanced filtering by any criteria including event description text
- Quick Filter feature allows you to filter event log in a couple of mouse clicks
- Fast search by any criteria
- Sending event logs to printer
- Export log to different formats