It is supported on Windows and OS X, and includes an application, driver, and libraries to monitor and estimate real-time processor package power information in watts using the energy counters in the processor. With this release, we are providing functionality to evaluate power information on various platforms including notebooks, desktops. and servers.
Intel Power Gadget is a software-based power usage monitoring tool enabled for Intel Core processors (from 2nd Generation up to 7th Generation Intel Core processors). Intel Atom processors are not supported. It is supported on Windows and Mac OS X and includes an application, driver, and libraries to monitor and estimate real-time processor package power information in watts using the energy counters in the processor. With this release, we are providing functionality to evaluate power information on various platforms including notebooks, desktops and servers. Windows 7 and 32-bit versions of the Intel Power Gadget for Windows has ceased development from 3.0.7. Starting with version 3.5 and going forward, only the 64-bit version and Windows 8 will be supported.
Common use of Intel Power Gadget is to monitor energy usage of the processor
- Provides processor power (Watts), temperature (Celsius) and frequency (MHz) in real-time via graph displayed in the GUI
- Let you log the power and frequency measurements and save it in a csv format.
- Double click on the desktop shortcut and the GUI will launch
- Drag to move the GUI.
- Right click the GUI and a pop-up menu will show up allowing you to choose options or close the application. Options have the following parameters. Click “Start Log” button in the GUI to start logging. Press the same button “Stop Log” to stop logging. While it’s logging, red label “REC” will blink in the power chart area.
- You can choose to add time-stamp to the log file name or not.
- You can choose the log file name.
- You can choose to resize the GUI from 100% to 300% by dragging the slider and testing the new size with the “Apply Size” button and accept the changes by pressing “Ok”.
- Screen Update Resolution lets you change how often the GUI is updated at runtime. This may range from 50 ms to 1000 ms. (Default set to 1000 ms)
- Log Sampling Resolution lets you change the logging sampling resolution ranging from 1 ms to 1000 ms. (Default set to 100 ms)
- In a multi-socket system, you can choose which package information to display in the GUI. The log will record all package information in a csv file.
- Click "Start Log" button in the GUI to start logging. Press the same button "Stop Log" to stop logging. While it's logging, red label "REC" will blink in the power chart area
- macOS version updated to 3.7.0
- Windows version updated to 3.9.5
- Linux version updated to 2.5