Powered by a new, cutting-edge engine, Firefox has doubled its speed from last year. Because the Internet waits for no one.
Lean, mean speed machine
Firefox Quantum’s new engine uses 30% less memory than Chrome, so other programs won’t slow down during browsing. Now that’s a win-win.
Beautiful, intelligent design
Hello, gorgeous! Firefox’s sleek, new look comes loaded with intuitive features like in-browser screenshots and more.
Search across multiple sites, view your top pages and discover new content.
You’re in control of your online information. Use Firefox Private Browsing to block ads with trackers for extra peace of mind… and pages that load up to 44% faster.
Browse for good
Firefox is backed by the non-profit Mozilla, who keeps the Internet healthier through programs that support tech education for girls, create trust around factual news, bring civility to the comments section and more.
Enjoy everything you’ve saved to Firefox while browsing in one, easy place.
Personalize Firefox with your favorite extras that help you do you.
Access your bookmarks, open tabs and passwords across all your devices.
If you’re a regular reader of Firefox release notes (and thank you if you are!) you’re probably aware of just how much we’ve invested in the performance of Firefox Quantum. We launched an entirely new engine in November, made significant improvements to graphics rendering in January, and are continuing to post performance gains and add features with this release. On Firefox for desktop, we’ve improved page load times, added tools to annotate and crop your Firefox Screenshots, and made it easier to arrange your Top Sites on the Firefox Home page. On Firefox for Android, we’ve added support for sites that stream video using the HLS protocol.
As always, this is made possible by Mozillians around the world, including the new Mozillianswho contributed to this release of Firefox.+
- Added a policy engine that allows customized Firefox deployments in enterprise environments, using Windows Group Policy or a cross-platform JSON file
- Applied Quantum CSS to render browser UI
- Added support for Web Authentication API, which allows USB tokens for website authentication
- Enhanced camera privacy indicators: Firefox now turns off your camera and the camera's light when you disable video recording, and turns the camera and light on when you resume recording
- Locale added: Occitan (oc)
- Various security fixes
- Changed the Windows shortcut for entering Reader View to F9, for better compatibility with keyboard layouts that use AltGr
- Bookmarks no longer support multiple keywords for the same URL unless the request has different POST data
- Responsive Design Mode now offers explicit control over whether the page should reload.
- Developers can now use promises within IndexedDB transactions
Apps similar to Mozilla Firefox
Chrome combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.
Chromium is an open-source browser project that aims to build a safer, faster, and more stable way for all users to experience the web. Chromium builds have the most infrastructure for analyzing crashes and reporting bugs.
Custom-built and optimized Firefox browsers for Windows.